Chapter 26.

ROSE P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since the unforgettable encounter with Lorenzo. Neither he came to NYU nor tried to communicate with me. My heart feels empty without him, it's like he was the only one to cherish it. I'm just left with his memories.

My routine these days has been the same: first, go to NYU, attend all the lectures, come back- complete all the assignments, and at last have dinner with Adrien. Not even one day he has left me alone from that incident, he has even joined NYU. He clearly states he hates studies, but due to his parents' pressure he is here.

"Don't you get bored of eating Chinese always?" Adrien asked, bringing me back from my clouds of thoughts. 

"Don't you get bored of breathing?" I mocked him, on which he chuckles, these days we both have become very close to each, he cares for me, I don't know why. Sometimes, it feels like he likes me.

I've called Sahara a week before, she was too worried about me not calling her for more than a week. I had to explain everything to her, but at last, she understood.

When both of our plates were empty, Adrien paid our bills and we both drove off to NYU. 

"Well, do you have any girlfriend?" I asked Adrien out of blue. Most of the time he hangs out with me or has some 'business' around, which just made me curious.

"No," he laughed, 

"Why? I mean you look cool and you're nice," I inquired and then smacked myself internally for admitting that he looks cool,

By the way, he looks awesome!

The crazy one says in my head.

"Then why don't you be one?" he asked, making my eyes grow big. All my words caught inside my throat, there was no sound coming from me but then he chuckles again,

"You thought I was proposing to you, didn't you?" he smirked and I blushed to the darkest shade of red.

We both came out of his car and when I was about to get inside the gate he yells, "Rose, what if that was real" 

"What?" I asked,

"Nothing," he says, walking back to his car.

Getting inside my room I'm greeted by my interrogative friend,

"Woah, lovey-dovey," she comments on which I just rolled my eyes 

"Hey, are you joining us tomorrow for the camp?" she questions happily. I've been thinking about it for a while, it seems a nice opportunity to divert my attention.

"Yes, I'm coming," I informed her and she squealed.

We both packed our bags, getting ready for our trip. I've just packed a pair of jeans and a top because I don't want it too heavy. We have to leave at 8 a.m. I'm packing everything now so that I don't get late.

By the time I was done with everything there's a notification on my cell phone which took my attention,

Unknown: Are you sure you want to come tomorrow?

Me: Who are you?

Unknown: Adrien, you haven't saved my number yet? ):

Me: Sorry, I forgot to save it. And yes I'm sure, I will come tomorrow.

Adrien: Okay, then meet me soon.

Me: Okay.

As soon I'm done replying Adrien, guess who comes next to me?

It's Brownie.

He licks my cheeks with his rough tongue- showing his affection. I grabbed him tightly like a teddy bear against my chest and cuddled him,

"Where have you been today?" I asked, on which he just keeps licking my cheeks,

"Mmm, someone seems in a mood today," I mused, taking him in my hands and scratching his neck. He balled next to my arm when he was tired whereas, in no time, he was fast asleep.

Looking at him sleeping so soundly makes me wonder how I've grown attached to a mere cat, though Brownie wasn't a mere cat according to me, he...he seems different- unique. Sighing I caressed his brown furs, closing my eyes as the sleep downs me.
______________