finally

But are dates really overrated, though?

Namjoon is wondering if the conclusion he and Eunsook came to last month is true after all. It has been a month, and a magnificent month at that, full of quick car rendezvous and heated kisses. Not that the kisses aren't lovely. Namjoon is a huge fan of the kisses. But, he also is a huge fan of Eunsook.

And he's kinda scared that he's a bigger fan of Eunsook than she is of him. Because every time Namjoon catches Eunsook walking her way home, and she gets into his car, they only make it the five minute drive before they fall into the intense kisses. Namjoon would honestly like to ask her so many questions about herself, but it's rather difficult to do so when his lips are a bit preoccupied. He wants to know her favorite color,and whether or not she believes Epstein killed himself. He's interested in learning what her comfort movies and songs are, and if she likes eating spicy food as much as he does. Namjoon wants to know everything about her, from the trivial little things, like what genre of music is her favorite, to the weird things, like what historical time period is her favorite, or the deep things, like if she thinks time is a construct or not. He wants to ask all these questions, but Eunsook seems quite focused on the physicality of their dynamic.

"Listen, Kim. I mean this in the nicest way possible. If someone asked me which historical era I prefer, I would not know what to say. My immediate thought would be to question your sanity and your perception of social cues." Hoseok replies after Namjoon raises these thoughts on the jet ride home, an increasingly common occurrence.

"You mean, you don't have a favorite time period?" Namjoon asks incredulously. "Mine's modernism. A literary and artistic milestone, modernism introduced true abstraction into—"

"While that's...scintillating, I'm not sure the best way to get Eunsook to open up to you is a history lecture." Yoongi points out, gently patting Namjoon's shoulder to soften the blow.

"Ugh, you're right. I'm such a geek." He mumbles, full lips pouting in defeat. Namjoon has never really understood how things like history and philosophy and rhetoric are boring to other people. When he's learning about...well, anything, really, he loses himself in it having so much fun.

"Hey, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Who knows? Maybe Eunsook will be geeky with you." Hoseok tries to comfort Namjoon, but this only frustrated him more.

"That's the thing. I wouldn't know, since she just...doesn't talk to me." He sighs. "She's very intent on kissing me before I can ask her about herself."

"And you're complaining, why?" Taehyung blurts out, only to get a sharp look from Yoongi and an even sharper slap on the shoulder from Hoseok. "Damn, sorry. I'm just saying, I'd love someone who just wanted to be physical. No strings. It's nice." He explains himself, and Namjoon's eyes widen to the size of saucers.

"You think she doesn't want strings?" Namjoon asks, alarmed.

"No! Nonono, no one said that." Hoseok attempts to compensate for Taehyung's words, but Namjoon is too intelligent for that.

"Taehyung said that." He deadpans.

"Yeah, well, your first mistake would be listening to Taehyung." Yoongi grumbles, and Taehyung sighs, going back to the book he was reading before they engaged in this therapy session for Namjoon. "I think you need to try the whole date thing again." Namjoon grimaces.

"Last time we tried the whole date thing, I got called into work. And the time before that, and the time before the time before that—that's not the point. She also seems pretty happy with our...current circumstances." Namjoon shoots Yoongi's idea down.

"Well, you're clearly not. You want more, don't you?" Hoseok counters. "You want to be with her physically and emotionally, right?"

"Yeah. She's just...captivating. It sounds so...dumb. It's the dumbest I've ever sounded, probably. I can't even explain it." Namjoon says earnestly, and Yoongi grins a bit at him. Every now and then Yoongi cracks a smile, but they're so few and far between that when he does, you know they're genuine.