ssa kim

Eunsook has worked two weeks' worth of night shifts since her encounter with the man that had left her with his denim jacket, and he hadn't returned since. Jungkook and Seokjin have teased her about him relentlessly, only resulting in Eunsook wanting to roll over their toes with her skates even more than usual. His jacket hangs on the coatrack in the back room, on the off chance that he ever does come back for it, but the chances of that happening lessen with each passing day and no sign of him. Eunsook doesn't know if she wants him to come back or not. For one thing, it will just give Jungkook and Seokjin more material to use to mess with her. For another, he was very odd, and Eunsook couldn't quite wrap her head around him.

But the fact that he was odd was almost refreshing. The night shifts were exhaustingly monotonous the majority of the time, and the night he had come, he had at least made her job interesting. And, on the rare occasions that customers do come in, he is one of the more bearable ones.

Unlike who Eunsook is dealing with now.

The diner is unusually active for this time of night, around 3 o'clock. A group of truck drivers had congregated in the only place in town open for food and a little rest before continuing on their route. The truck drivers are rowdy, vulgar, and they tipped horribly to boot. Eunsook is not their biggest fan. Most of them had opted to sit together in the booths, which has the normally goofy Jungkook zooming around on his roller skates between the dining room and the kitchen, mumbling curses beneath his breath with furrowed brows and a clenched jaw. The truck drivers clearly aren't his favorite, either.

But, a couple drivers had chosen to sit at Eunsook's counter, to her complete and utter dismay. They're rude, and snap their fingers at her to get her attention. They don't say please or thank you, hardly even bothering to look her in the eye when ordering. Rather, they opt to look other places, resulting in Eunsook buttoning up her shirt as high as it could go and pulling down her skirt whenever she feels lingering eyes on her. Feeling wildly uncomfortable, she sets down two glasses of draft beer in front of them before skating back to the kitchen with their food orders. She can't let the drivers look at her too long. She tosses her slips into the basket in front of Seokjin, who is chaotically flipping burgers and frying chicken.

"Are you kidding me?" Seokjin asks as soon as his eyes skim her new slips as he hangs them up on the line. "They want an omelette? An omelette? What kind of behemoth orders an omelette at this time of night?" Seokjin complains.

"The kind of behemoth who checks out my ass and tits before checking out the menu." Eunsook deadpans, and Seokjin groans, cracking eggs angrily into a bowl.

"Do you want me to say something? 'Cause I will. I'll march right out there with my trusty frying pan as back up, and—"

"I'm fine, Jin. Don't worry, seriously. I can handle it, they're just gross." Eunsook reassures her friend, chuckling quietly.

"Fine, if you say so. But I'm still gonna leave a little bit of egg shell in their omelettes." Seokjin informs her matter-of-factly.

"That's a nice touch." She says, and Seokjin sends her a wink. She turns to leave the kitchen and skate back behind the counter, but is nearly run over by Jungkook on his way in to the kitchen, practically burning rubber. "Easy there, speed racer." She remarks sarcastically. "This isn't the Daytona 500."

"I'm gonna lose it. They're animals. Literal scum." He exclaims, slamming more slips into Seokjin's basket.

"Trust me, we know. They're pervs, too." Seokjin reassures the frustrated Jungkook. Jungkook gasps, and starts rolling up his sleeves, revealing his tattoos and toned arms that prove he can be more intimidating than he looks at first glance.