Lockhart

Your POV

"Oh, Harry! Thank goodness! We'd hoped you haven't gone too far..." you hear a voice say in the crowd of people in Flourish and Botts, Min has sent you to get your supplies for this year today, you suddenly see a flash of gingery hair you can't mistake for anyone else and head over to take a look. I see Harry, Hermione and Ron with Ron's familiy in a corner of the shop, you had met Arther and Molly at the ministry before when Dumbledore had taken you for a let's say, field trip. "Harry" you yell giggling up to him, "Buttercup I missed you he says, hugging you tight "I missed you too", I look to see an impatient Hermione and an etching Ron either side of me "Get in here" I say as they all pile in, Fred and George as well. When you finally pull away you approach Molly and Arther "Lovely to see you again" you hold out your hand but instead they both hug you "Oh (y/n) it's been a while, let me look at you" she says holding you, looking you up and down. You notice a small girl stood slightly behind her, looking bewildered by your presence. "Hi I'm (y/n) , you must be Ginny, Ron told me all about you" I say in a sweet voice to the trembling girl "Hi" she squeecks before getting cut off. "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart." A voice yells over the chatter.

"Ah! Here he is!" Arthur says. "Mum fancies him." Ron leans over to me and Harry and whispers. Hermione seems entranced by him so I nudged her and she looked at me with a 'What, me, noooooooo' face. A man began to barge through, camera in hand till he reached me and Harry. "It can't be- Harry and (Y/n) Potter? Lockhart gasps, slightly over dramatically fir my liking. "The Potter twins! Excuse me, madam." The photographer grabs us and pushes us next to Lockhart before we can protest. "Nice big smile, you two. Together you and I will make the front page! Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry and (y/n) stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me,... which, incidentally is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving... with my entire collected works, free of charge. Now, ladies?" He says, clearly using us to make himself look better. "Harry, now you give me those, and I'll get them signed. All of you wait outside. That's it, Ron." Molly says before ushering us away, before we make it out the door a familiar face stops us in our tracks. "I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potters? Famous Harry and (y/n) Potter! Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." Draco snarled "Leave him alone." Ginny retaliated, I loved the spark in her voice. "Oh look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend." He teased as Ginny grew a whole new shade of red.

"Now, now Draco, play nicely. " a tall man with long silvery blonde hair said "Mr and Miss Potter... Lucius Malfoy." He says holding out his hand "We meet at last." He then pokes back Harry's fringe with his cane to reveal his scar, I feel myself growing angry but hold myself back "Forgive me, your scars is legend, as, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you." "Voldemort killed our parents. He was nothing more than a murderer." Harry snapped back "Hmm. You must be very brave, to mention his name...or very foolish." "Fear of a name only increase fear of the thing itself." Hermione slapped back "And you must be... Miss Granger. Yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles, aren't they?" He said in a disgusted voice. "Ah and Miss Potter", he leaned over to me "Draco has told me much about you aswell, fiery spirit, good at quidditch, and my he was right, you are quite pretty aswell aren't you" I looked at Draco who went bright red and looked down, then back to Lucius. "I am correct in saying no one has even seen your scar, except your brother, why are you, ashamed?" You look at him and feel yourself flare up, your eyes flick a red, this seems to excite Lucius, he studied you like a prized possession. Arther noticed your uncomfortableness and tried to help you escape. "Children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside." He said "Well, well, well. Weasley senior." He continued I just rolled my eyes at his persistent need to torment others, Draco noticed and looked at me, almost apologetically. "Lucius." Arthur nodded, still trying to walk out. "Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this, I'd say not. What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it."he sneered. "I think we have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Mr Malfoy" he answered calmly, "Clearly. Associating with Muggles... and I thought your family could sink no lower." That's it I had really had it now "Blood status is not a factor that plays into love, Mr Malfoy, you should understand that when you have a family you love, stubbon people who believe in segregation of the blood types don't matter to you" you say head held high" he seemed impressed at your courage but angered by your comments as he composes himself "I'll see you at work." He stated before strutting off "See you at school." Draco said to us in a smirking manner. "Yeah see you at school" I shot back, scowling at him.

"Thank you for standing up for us but you really shouldn't have, Mr Malfoy is a powerful man, (y/n)" Arthur tells me. "That's the problem though isn't it, the constant need for power that drives people crazy, to do things only we cant even imagine, people who are too powerful need to be reminded that power in given to them by those around them, not earned". They all looked impressed as you walked away, books in hand. "See you at school" you said with a wave before Min appears, apparating you back to the border of the castle, sweeping you inside quickly.