Chapter One- "Keep walking."

Link's P.O.V

    I sat in my chair slumped down due to the fact that the subject we were being taught was boring. We were supposed to be studying but I thought it was a waste of time. I mean who wants to read a bunch of words anyways? The only good thing I was good at was combat. All this other crap was just useless. When class ended I knew I would have to slip away from the hidden village to go check out Kakariko village. The only thing I learned today was-Blah, Blah,Blah, Dont leave the village, never speak to a Hylian,  and if you leave the village you will be banished.

   'Course that never stops me. I had always snuck out, heading towards the Lost Woods. When I was little I had saved a wolf there and we became good friends after that. But, this time I was headed for Castle town. The guards in Kakariko village know who I am 'cuz we have this game-i have to slip by them unnoticed. If I dont well the'll say "better luck next time sport." I always get past them.

   Slipping on a mask I backed into the shadows walking out of the village without a problem. Racing to Kakariko village I stopped and smiled. I was gonna steal the guards helmets. I dashed into the shadows when a guard wasn't looking. Moving forward I leaped and grabbed the guards helmet and laughed. "You should know better than to let your guard down." I joked. We all laughed and I threw the helmet back to him. "Im off fo Castle town today, wish me luck." I said, my voice seeming to echo inside the mask I was wearing.

  "Just dont get caught Link, you know what will happen if your caught." A guard said. I nodded solemnly. Heading off in the direction of Castle town I wondered if it would be bad to be banned from my village. As I entered the town I breathed in amazement at the sight I saw. People scrambled through the overcrowded streets, vendors called to passerbys to buy their goods, and everyone looked they were having a marvelous time.

   "Well, its nothing like I imagined, its more!" I said mostly to myself. Wandering through the streets avoiding most people I looked at each shop, smelling the sweet aroma of flowers as I passed one vendor. At another I caught a whiff of something mouthwateringly good. I had know idea what it was so I just kept walking. Cursing i realized I had forgotten my rupees at my village.

   Heading down an alley I came upon a girl pushed against a wall by a man who was dressed in a stylish black tuxedo. The girl looked like she was having a difficult time breathing. "Where is the Hero of Twilight? Did he leave you? Oh that was a different you. Well I guess if hes not here i'll have a little fun with you." The man said chuckling to himself.

   I narrowed my eyes. "Thats not gonna happen. Put her down." I said forcefuly. He turned and looked me up and down. "Your nothing more than a kid. Go home, I dont want this to get messy." I laughed at his attempt to scare me. "Gladly, please do leave before this gets messy." I stated after I had stopped rolling on the ground from laughter.

   "You think its funny, boy? Well I guess i'll just have to teach you a lesson." He said his voice like ice. He dropped the girl and strode towards me pulling out a dagger. I rolled my eyes and rushed forwards somersaulting over him and auickly skinned, then kicked him to the ground. He recovered his feet quicker then I thought he would. Sighing a dagger materialized into my hand. I stopped his feeble attempt to kill me with a simple cut on the calf.

   "Ugh, you really think I woukd take you on if I knew I wouldn't win? How stupid are you?" Grabbing the girls hand I led her away from the bleeding man. "Er thank you for saving my life. May I ask your name?" The girl said finally after we had stopped. "Im Link, who's the Hero of Twilight?" I asked.

  "Er no one. Thank you Link, im Ze- er... well I would rather not tell you my name." I knew she was hiding something right away. As I turns to leave she gasped. "Y-your a Sheikah!" She said quietly but in awe. Shit, she knows!  Oh crap what if someone else finds out! Oh I've done it this time. I thought. "Please don't tell anyone! Please!" I turn and say desperately. She nods still in awe. "You look like someone I know."

  I immediately paled. "Er im sorry I have never met you before." I turn slowly trying to calm myself down. "You have the Triforce on your hand." The girl said grabbing my hand staring at it. "Wait. Did you say your name was Link?" The girl asked her eyes slowly widening.

  "Yea. Why?" I ask feeling somewhat suspicious. She stares at me her jaw dropping. "I thought he left. But here you are. Why didnt you come to Castle town sooner Link?!" The girl said angrily. This was not what I wanted to happen. Tell her shes crazy and walk away. I told myself.

  "Listen,  I dont know who you are or what your rambling about. I just know that I have to go." I said breaking my hand from her grip and raced off leaving her dazed and confused. I had a feeling that I would learn what she was talking about soon, very soon..... but for now I just had to keep walking.