Chapter Thirty Nine

Mal paced her room, slightly nervous for her mom's arrival. Maleficent's spell book had already been shoved into her dresser drawer, under her socks, as to avoid detection. The last thing she wanted was to see the look of disappointment on her mom's face as her mom realized Mal had spelled Ben.

I should donate that book to the Museum, Mal thought after making sure the mind link was temporarily muted. After all, once I make the antidote to the love potion cookies, I won't need it and Maleficent did write a bit of information on the Fae in there. It'd be a shame to just burn it.

But this wasn't the time to worry about that. Mal needed to prepare for her date with Ben.

Gods! A date! Mal hadn't been lying when she told her mom dates weren't done on the Isle—the only 'relationship' Mal had had was a flirtationship with Harry when they were thirteen. Mainly to see what it was like since she had never had one before. If Mal was honest, it was weird—it was almost like dating Hadie.

Besides, after Uma had caught them in the clubhouse two weeks into the flirtationship, Mal decided to end it. Thankfully Harry agreed that it just felt too weird and their friendship hadn't been ruined. All they had been doing was cuddling and Harry had just put a kiss on her forehead, the same way he would Harriet. Didn't matter though, the look on Uma's face would be enough to guilt Mal for the rest of her days.

Gods I can't believe I agreed to this, Mal thought, bringing herself back to the present. I don't know the first thing about being girly.

Mal, honey, all a date is really is just looking nice and being yourself, Persephone's voice gently rang through her head.

Well which one is it mom? I can't do both, Mal told her, shaking her head slightly as the mind link was once again used. I can't 'be myself' while trying to look like a prissy princess.

Honey, you don't have to look like a princess. Prince Ben asked you out because he liked you for who you are, not how you looked.

Gods I must be out of my mind to agree to this.

No Mali sweetheart, you're not. There's nothing wrong with just wanting to be a teenage girl for once.

Mom, the teenage girls here are nothing but shallow and vapid idiots...well with the exception of Lonnie. Mulan's daughter. She's the only girl around here who knows how to use a sword.

Why am I not surprised? Persephone's voice asked, sounding amused.

Mal chuckled before sighing. Mom, why am I doing this?

Only you can answer that sweetheart, Persephone said gently. A first date was supposed to be fun, not something to freak out about.

Mal sighed again. There was really only one reason that she could tell her mom-there was no way saying that she was going on a date because Ben was under a love spell that she still hadn't removed would fly as an excuse. I'm doing it to get in his good books, so that Uma, Hadie and Harry can come here.

Mali, dear, he asked you on a date. Something tells me you're already in his good books.

Mom, I'm a VK in Auradon. The only person who's good books I'm in are yours and the other VKs.

Mal, I've spent a lot of time in Auradon. Prince Ben doesn't strike me as the type of person to spend time with someone he doesn't like.

If you say so. He sure spent a lot of time around Sleeping Brat when I first arrived and I don't think anyone likes her.

Choosing Familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें