I blushed, "You seem... different."

"Different in a good way, or a bad way?"

"A good way," I smiled.

"Well I feel, different." He walked over to me and sat down on the bed next to where I was. I had already taken my dress off, but I felt comfortable with it now. Zuko was now only in pants, his bare chest shone in the light of the lantern.

I steadied my breath before responding, "Well you look the same to me." My voice was quiet, not sure how he would respond.

Zuko smirked and shifted closer to me, his muscles rippling with every move. I swallowed, shifting my gaze from Zuko's chest to his eyes. I allowed myself to get lost in the bright amber, finding his fire once again. It turned deeper, stronger, hungrier. But it was still different than before; there was less anger in it as well. I stayed there, taking refuge in his overwhelming presence. I took a breath, his aroma swirled around me, pulling me deeper. I felt myself lose my breath, just looking at him. His eyes shifted down slightly and lingered there for a moment before coming back up to mine.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" Zuko's voice was deep and raspy.

I blushed but did not break eye contact. "No, I don't believe you have."

He smiled, "How about I show you instead?"

My heart raced. What does he mean by that? I didn't say anything, watching him, waiting for what he was going to do next. Before I had time to react, his face was inches away from mine, I could feel his breath caressing my face. I wanted so badly to close the distance but... I wonder if I should? I still don't know what to do about my feelings for him, I don't want to get hurt again. But yet, I still feel as though –

My thoughts were cut short by Zuko suddenly closing the distance between us. His soft lips gently pushed into mine. It took me a moment to process what had just happened, but then I relaxed into it, returning the kiss. I expected him to release and move away, but he didn't. Our mouths moved in sync, like waves crashing on the shore. He shifted, barely separating from me. He moved to his hands and knees, and then drew me back, further onto the bed. He was above me now, one of his legs between mine and the other on one side of me.

He placed his hands on the bed on either side of me, our lips still interlocked. We finally broke away, breathless. I felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest as I swallowed and tried to catch my breath.

"What happened to those breathing techniques that are so important?" I teased, watching him.

He smirked, "It all goes away when I am with you." His smirked turned into a smile, making me smile and giving me butterflies.

He stared down at me, as if he wasn't sure whether or not to continue. I thought to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in, but hesitated. Were we there yet? Everything is so complicated, it is difficult to make any sort of decision. I could feel a warmth washing over me, he always had a way of doing that. I looked into his eyes, searching them for any answer I could possibly find. I took a breath and noticed something different. His aroma, so intoxicating – I finally figured out what the third component was. Sandalwood, amber, and... the slightest, deepest hint of lavender.

Feeling his body on mine, his scent swirling around me, his eyes pulling me in; all of it was too much to handle. I started to lose my ability to think clearly, all I could manage was that I wanted him. I finally decided that I had nothing to lose. I quickly brought my arms up and wrapped them around his neck, pulling him down and closer to me. Our lips crashed together, moving as one. He went down on his elbows, our bare stomachs touched, sending waves of chills throughout my body.

Zuko pulled back, staring into my eyes once again. He brought his hand up to my face and cupped my cheek. I caught it between my face and my shoulder, holding it there. His thumb caressed my skin in the most gentlest way. This moment was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Zuko leaned down and softly kissed my exposed neck, lingering before pulling back. I could see in his eyes that he was struggling to control himself.  I could feel him against my leg, making me become very aware of how I was feeling in this moment as well. I released his hand, which then traveled slowly, gently, down my neck, tracing my collarbones, stopping at my waist where his grip tightened.

My heart skipped a beat, noticing the look in his eye as he studied my body. I wasn't completely exposed, I still had my chest wrapped and my cloth skirt on. It was almost as if he was enjoying imagining what was underneath. Were we ready for this? It is so hard to think with him so close to me.

He caressed my skin, sending waves of sparks and heat throughout my body. Goosebumps arose on my arms and legs, they were shivering for his touch. I brought my hand up to his chest, not hesitating this time. I trailed my fingers down the center of his chest, feeling his muscles as I went. I stopped my hand at the waist of his pants, lingering there before bringing my hand around to his back and moving back up. Zuko drew in a breath in response, gripping my waist tighter.

My mind raced, and my heart was filled with new hope for a future with him.