[ One ]

I moaned and reached up to massage my eyes to get the sleep out.

I looked all over my room in the dim light, trying to find my phone. I combed my untidy hair with my hand.

3:37 am

Dalton, my boyfriend, still wasn't at home. He had gone at 8, promising to arrive home by 11. He had been late three times already this week.

I heard the front door opening and closing, which jolted me out of my thoughts. A shuffling sound could be heard coming from the lower level.

I quietly exited my room and cautiously descended the stairs while holding onto the railing.

He had his face buried in his hands and was standing close to the counter. He stumbled into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

I moved around the couch and took a position across from him.

"Where were you?" I crossed my arms as I fixed my gaze on his droopy eyes.

"Out w-with the boys-s." He slurred his words clearly intoxicated.

"This the third time this week you have come home this late and every time you're drunk." My calm voice grew higher as he rolled his eyes.

"Stop being a b-bitch. It's not a huge thing at all."

"No big deal, right? Dalton, of course, it's a big deal!" I yelled, slightly raising my voice. "Are you cheating on me?" My tone dropped to practically a whisper.

I attempted to remain calm while warm tears sting my eyes.

"You didn't return my calls or texts, yet you arrived at MY house intoxicated. answer the question, Dalton."

I took a hot, impatient breath

He stumbled trying to reach my arm, but I quickly stepped back from him.

My emotions grew loud. I'm tired. So tired of his bullshit.

I ripped off the promise ring and threw it at him.

"I'm out of options here. I'm sick and tired of your ridiculous justifications. All I've ever done is sit here and watch YOU hurt me over and over again."

"Why must e-everything be about you? A-Absolutely everything a-about A-Ariana Grande. Well, maybe I w-wouldn't have t-to cheat if you weren't s-such a selfish bitch who a-actually gave a f-fuck about me!" He vomited.

"Your pathetic Dalton. I mean, look at you, you're-"

Clenching his jaw. He raised his hand in a move to back-slap me. I flinched back in shock and fear. I couldn't swallow back the hurt and broken tears. Dalton...He had almost slapped me. Even he was surprised by what he did. But that doesn't excuse his behavior.

I was feeling humiliated, Broken, and so Done with Dalton. Quickly stepping back, I wiped my tears while watching Dalton curl his fist and seem completely lost for words.

"G-get out." My voice was weak and worn out.

I just want him away from me; he can get his things another day.

"Dalton, get the fuck out of my house!" I yelled.

Without saying anything, he left, slamming the door in the process.

I released a shaky breath. My entire body trembled as I hurried to my room. The photo of him and me on my nightstand caught my shiny eyes as they walked about. He had his face buried in my neck and his arm around my waist. I had a bright smile on my face.