Chapter Thirteen: Cherish . . .

Começar do início

Which were real.

"I'd wager that to be true," Katsuki grunted, his eyes traveling elsewhere. Anywhere would be better than looking directly at Izuku . . . he couldn't bring himself to right now.

Izuku's head cambered. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's great," Katsuki smiled, and every so slightly he forced himself to gaze into those beautiful eyes. A little piece of him crumbled when he did so. "But I thought I'd show you where all the magic happens."

With that Katsuki's eyes tore away from the younger's as he walked briskly into the booth, placing the provided headphones over his ears. "Push the dark blue button!" he instructed once he was inside.

As excitement and anticipation threaded itself into the seams of Izuku's body, he did as he was told. His index finger pressing firmly into the blue button, he jolted in place when the soft thumping of the beat of the song began to fill the air. Seconds later Katsuki's voice shifted into perfect harmony with that beat, gliding along the trenches of the melody, picking through the tempo. Where the beat flowed his voice followed like a ship caught in a current.

It was truly a sight to behold. For Izuku could hear the passion behind the lyrics, the pain in his undertones, and the doubt in his low-notes. 

Just as his voice—Katsuki face also captured those emotions perfectly.

Quickly, not wanting to miss a single millisecond, Izuku reached down blindly on the floor for his satchel. His fingers looping against his sketchbook's spine and a pencil as he yanked them out. Then he began sketching. 

Just as Katsuki's voice cried out in coordination with everything else Izuku pencil did the same. His words went higher in tone the pencil glided up to meet his mouth movement. He harmonized certain areas and the pencil followed along. Painting the picture to Katsuki's lyrics.

Izuku didn't know how much time had passed since they had been in that booth. For they had breezed through about four or five songs, all of which he had listened to in a previous album that blond had released last year. However, within those songs, the young artist had managed to fill up just as many pages in his sketchbook—all of which contained a different expression of Katsuki with small side-notes.

While Katsuki began pulling the headphones off and wrapping them back in place, Izuku scanned over the console of buttons before pressing the one that read: talk (yes Kaminari you press and hold to talk)

The younger smiled to himself, slightly wondering who this Kaminari was and why the name sounded so familiar.

"That was amazing!" Izuku exclaimed, snorting when the scarlet-eyed boy jolted at the sound of his voice booming through the speakers. "Who taught you how to sing?" he asked quietly when Katsuki stepped out.

The elder froze.

A thirteen-year-old Izuku squealed as he rounded the corner of the house, nearly slipping as his socks glided across the ceramic tiles of the floor. Thunderous footfalls echoed and throbbed throughout the hallway—signaling his chaser was closing in on him at full-speed. A jolt of energy and euphoric bliss ran up his spine at the sound, loving the thrill it gave him to mess around like this.

It wasn't often he and Katsuki got to hang out like they used to.      

"I'm gonna fucking kill you, nerd!" the fifteen-year-old threatened, albeit Izuku heard the laughter lingering in his tone. "Get back here!"

The younger's erratic heartbeat had picked up in speed—for Katsuki had taken the time to wrap a strong arm around his waist—as he dashed into the boy's room. It was no secret the two obviously had feelings for each other. Katsuki's adopted siblings rather enjoyed taking the time out of their day to tease the two about the 'Sexual tension' they shared. However, despite the teasing; relentless flirting with one another; and a series of almost-kisses, the two never truly acted on their feelings.