13.

Niall wakes up with his arms around Harry, which nearly causes him a mini heart attack as he doesn't remember how he ended up in Harry's bedroom. He decides against watching Harry while the other boy sleeps because it feels like he's a creep. He rather stays put, studying Harry's hair at his neck. (No, shut up. It's totally not the same as staring at his face.)

He feels comfortable, being with Harry must be like this. Easy. Natural. He wonders were they an actual couple, would be things the same? He supposes so, based on his relationship with the curly haired boy so far. They easily – a bit too easily – fell into the pattern of sharing clothes. And that's not a thing people just do. Niall admits he has worn a few items of his friends at home or his band mates, occasionally borrowing one piece but this is different. They don't do it out of need, it's not even a friendly gesture. God, they try to make it to seem like one but both of them knows otherwise. (Niall's sure Louis, Liam and Zayn have caught on what they are doing with Harry.)

It's the intimacy that gives an edge to it. There is some tension, between Niall and Harry. They are not able to work it out just yet, Niall thinks they still have stuff to figure out first.

With that he gets up, ignores the disapponted whine from the sleeping body and leaves the bedroom. The flat is quiet, Niall can faintly hear the London traffic buzzing outside and the weather is actually nice despite it's the middle of December and it should be raining and humid but no. It's sunny and dry, although the air is cold.

The living room is semi-dark, curtains drawn in, Louis snoring is the only sound. Niall raises an eyebrow seeing his bandmates but then just shrugs it off and goes to the kitchen. He opens cupboards randomly, mapping out the system Harry has in his kitchen. It's not that difficult, actually, he finds everything he needs quickly and starts making breakfast.

He boils water for tea and makes five cups of it, adding sugar (or not) according to how his friends like it. Spending the majority of his time with them comes in handy at times like this, makes it easier to figure out what to cook so everybody will be happy.

Glancing at the clock on the microwave oven (It's seven in the morning and Niall doesn't remember the last time he woke up this early on his own.), he decides he has time to make everyone their favourite.

Soon, the smell travels around the flat, waking up the tangled up pair on the couch and Harry's emerging from his room as well. He runs a hand through his curly mess of a hair before waving 'Hi!' and 'Good morning!' in his friends way. His other hand is holding his phone to his ear, he listens to the person and hums to let them know he's still there. Niall wonders who it could be as he watches Harry walk around his living room, occasionally chuckling and nodding, though the other can't see him.

No, Niall is not jealous. Curious, more like. For all he knows it could be Gemma or Anne.

"Seriously, Ed, it's fine." Harry says into the phone. "I don't know yet, I hope so."

Ed. Ed Sheeran. Niall relaxes then, he knows that Harry and Ed are good friends, both of them very talented songwriters and singers, except Ed actually performs while Harry prefers to stay behind and let other people shine and boast with his songs. It's unfair but also something the brunette chose.

"We haven't really talked about it. I guess so? I've got a few ideas. They aren't anything yet but–"

Niall keeps his eyes on Harry, Liam and Louis are sitting at the small glass table behind him eating French toast, bacon and sipping their tea pleased with Niall. Harry steps into the kitchen, Niall can hear Ed's rambling on the phone, he doesn't catch his words but the red head's voice carries fondness and a bit of scolding in Harry's direction. Whatever they have been talking about must be important.

"–I'm sure they'll be great songs, Harry. I'll send you my song later but in exchange I want to see yours." Niall smiles and offers Harry a slice of toast when the younger boy is standing right in front of him.

"It's just a few lines not a whole song. And pretty far from an actual–" This time it's not Ed interrupting but Harry cutting off himself abruptly.

"That reminds me, I listened to Midnight Memories today. It's amazing, mate!" Harry grins because he adores Ed and his songs so much and him complimenting his songs feels nice, making him proud of what he had created. "And don't think I couldn't read between the lines."

"Not you too." Harry groans. "Louis said the exact same thing yesterday. Or something similar." Louis perks up at the mention of his name but after a dismissive wave from Harry, he goes back to eating and warming his cold feet on Liam's calves.

"Well then I must be right. How come I didn't know about this? Does Nick know?"

"Grimmy is terrible at keeping secrets."

"True. I have to go. Bye, Harry."

Harry sighs, places his phone on the counter and just– stares at Niall. His green eyes are shining with something Niall doesn't want to comprehend. It's uncomfortable and flattering at the same time.

"Now that Harold finished talking on the phone maybe we could get back to our business." Louis says.

"We weren't talking about anything." Liam retorts and Harry has a lost and confused expression on, Niall in front of him momentarily forgotten.

"Shut up, Payno. Anyway, you know that WWA begins in April, right? And we should get back to writing as well." Niall nods eagerly from the other side of the room. "Got anything for us, Harold?"

"You want me to tag along again?" He asks surprised and Louis rolls his eyes and turns to Liam, he's too tired to deal with Harry's astonishment.

"Harry, we wouldn't want anybody else. If you can put up with us for another year, that is." Liam adds and gets a kick from Louis under the table.

"Of course he wants to come!"

And Harry smiles because he was a bit afraid the guys wouldn't need him anymore, seeing unlike the first two albums, Midnight Memories featured songs written by them whereas Harry wrote few on his own, mainly supervising and helping the boys' work.

Now, he can call back Ed and tell him how the band still wants to work with him, even though they have enough experience on their own to make their own record.

"Well, I don't have anything yet but Ed just sent me a song, claiming it fits you guys. It's called 18. He explained it a bit and it's a lovely song."

Louis is nodding excitedly and Harry thinks of that few lines he has in his book he writes lyrics, chords and notes in. Particularly, the one he has been scribbling down before Ed called him.

Stained coffee cup
Just a fingerprint of lipstick’s not enough
Sweet where you lay,
Still a trace of innocence on the pillow case
•••
1235 words

It's back. And we hit 2.5K reads, holy sh¡t. Thank you!!!

Next update is... Let's say 20 votes?

Vote, comment, follow.

Ronnie