21.

Ed Sheeran sometimes honestly doesn't understand his best friend. Harry Styles is one of the most talented people he has ever met and he could do really big if he wanted to. But that's the thing. He's content with just writing love songs and letting others sing it. Or at least it seemed like he was fine with it. Ed is not so sure anymore.

On the day of Harry's return to London, Louis picks him up from the airport. Paul is shaking his head as the boy leaves abruptly in the middle of soundcheck but doesn't stop him. Only a few are aware of Harry's plan and Zayn isn't one of them so the raven haired is boy just as confused as Niall is when seeing Louis leave.

An hour later Louis bursts into the room they have backstage with Harry in tow, both of them have huge grins on and suddenly all the tension is gone. Because for a month there were awkward silences and a silent agreement on ignoring Harry's absence and Niall being a dick to him before he left.

Niall greets Harry a bit stiff, he doesn't act like nothing happened, he had plenty time to think over his words and feel guilty. Harry steps closer to him, smiling gently before hugging the blonde. He's murmuring 'it's okay' and 'I missed you' into the fake blonde hair and feels Niall's body slowly relax in his arms.

They seperate when Louis coughs loudly and reminds Harry that they don't have much time before the concert. Harry nods frantically and rushes away.

Everybody else is left there wondering and Niall only understands a bit later when they're about to start a concert. The 5 Seconds of Summer boys have finished their pre-show concert and made the crowd wild and hyped. Niall can't wait to jump out there but strangely no crew member fusses around him with the mikes and such things.

It's more than odd so Niall decides to look for his bandmates. Soon he finds Louis and Liam huddled together and the blonde for some reason doesn't call out to the pair but stays back and listens.

"It will be okay, won't it?" Louis whispers nervously, peeking outside a little. To Niall he looks far more nervous than he should be, it's not like this is their first time playing live, they have experience. So Louis biting his nails and glancing outside every minute or so is a bit over the top.

"You should trust Harry" Liam says shaking his head. "He can do this."

"Liam, Harry has stage fright!" Louis whisper shouts at him. "Why do you think he has never performed?!"

Niall listens to them astonished, he can see Liam becoming just as speechless as he feels himself to be. He has never known that about Harry and somewhere it hurts that the younger boy never trusted Niall enough to share his fear.

Liam comes over his surprisement quickly. "Maybe he's not afraid anymore?" He suggests hopefully but frowns once Louis shakes his head, answering a silent no.

That's when Niall leaves to look for Harry, he doesn't care about how little time is left until the start, they should talk about Harry's fear.

Suddenly he is grabbed by Zayn who points at the stage silently. Harry Styles is standing there far away, at the end of the stage and the fans are quiet.

"No, no, no-" Niall says, trying to get out of Zayn's hold. "Zayn, let me go, Harry shouldn't be out there, he's afraid!" The blonde explains but is met with a head shake from his best friend.

"That's not the only thing Harry's scared of, Ni. You should let him face his fears" he replies with a proud smile on his face, directing Niall's attention once again on Harry.

Harry stands awkwardly in front of the confused expressions of teenage girls. He knows the cameras are on him and show his face on the huge screens behind and the knowledge makes his insides shake. He clears his throat because he has important words to say.

"Hi, good evening, London" he starts. His voice sounds calm from the outside and Harry thinks this might not be that hard. "You have to wait a bit more for the guys, I promise I'll make this as quick I can. For those who don't know me... Uhm, my name is Harry Styles and I write songs for the band." He has to stop as the crowd screams at him, some shouting 'hi' and some yelling they know Harry. It's settling. "Today, I'm going to sing You & I to you."

Niall stomach turns into the size of a tennis ball as Harry lets out the first note. He has always known Harry could sing and always thought he sounded more amazing than they do but hearing him this loud makes his stomach tremble. His toes and fingertips tingle and he can't stop watching Harry's back. This is their song, he reminds himself, the one that has parts he's written thinking of Harry and the brunette finished.

Sung by Harry the song feels like it's for him.

The whole arena is silent, fans and crew members alike hold back their breaths and wait 'till the song is finished. The silence is deafening especially after Harry isn't singing anymore.

"I have to confess something." Harry sighs into the mike. "While writing this love song, I had someone on my mind. And to be honest ever since I started writing for the boys, every single love song was written for him as well, I was trying to tell him for years that I love him."

Without saying any names, Niall knows deep inside his heart Harry's words are for him. Therefore he should step forward, let Harry know he loves him, too but he can't move. So he just stands backstage, blinking back tears and breathing through his mouth. Zayn has let go of his arm long ago but stares at him now. He silently urges Niall to walk out.

Louis is the one to actually push Niall who uncertainly takes a step. Harry could say somebody else's name still and that's the the fear that paralysed him back there. He focuses on Harry who is speaking and takes a few steps.

"I guess the time has come for me to say this directly." The words floating towards Niall are muted down, the blonde has to pay attention to catch them. Once Harry says his name, the world becomes sharp again. "Niall James Horan, I love you."

What?

Those highly anticipated words finally leave Harry's mouth and the crowd explodes in screamsSomewhere behind Niall hears Louis, Liam and Zay cheer, shouting at the blonde to hurry up and run to Harry so he does. Putting one foot in front of the other, he runs up to Harry who has turned and hugs him tightly.

"I am so utterly sorry, I'm an idiot for not realizing" he whispers but the microphone near Harry's head picks up his voice thus everybody hears them. It doesn't really matter, as soon as this is over the whole world will know. Niall couldn't care less. He leans forward and pecks Harry's lips. Once. Twice. "I love you, too, Harry Edward Styles."

Harry smiles the brightest smile Niall has ever seen and he leans in again and kisses Harry, deepening the kiss instantly and holding the slightly taller boy impossibly close. ater, he won't remember for how long they kissed, Niall only remembers Harry stopping him and reminding him of the concert he still has to play and the fans laughing along with Niall.

At least nobody complains when he holds hands with his new boyfriend for the entire show.
•••
1297 words

This is the end, I hope you enjoyed the last part and the whole story. This story is my baby, the first in my life that I finished and I thank all you wonderful readers for that. Please tell me your own feelings and opinions :)

Vote, comment, follow.

Ronnie x

(I'm sure there are mistakes as English is my second language, hence I'm looking for a beta. If you're interested, comment or send me a message :D)