•CHAPTER 9•

Knocking the glass, the 'Mother of the year' draws the attention of all guests with a big fat fake smile, "Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman

Knocking the glass, the 'Mother of the year' draws the attention of all guests with a big fat fake smile, "Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy then to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening."

A waiter came up to me with a drink. I kept my glass of orange juice on the tray and grabbed a red-tinged champagne glass from it. Thinking the blood of doppelganger in it makes the human inside me to vomit. Disgusting

"Cheers!" she said, raising her red-tinged champagne to her lips.

But if you want to know the movement of your enemies, you have to be in their scheme. Now you can only be enemy's bosom friend or enemy's favorite victim.

"Cheers!" Everybody chorused with her cheerfully. Stupids

Well, I guess I go for the latter. So much, for calling them stupid.

With that, I took a sip, completing .5 of the first step of getting me killed.

I watched my all fictional brothers and sister taking a sip of the drink with Esther eyes watching us. I caught the worried eyes of Finn as his eyes kept on darting between me and the drink in my hand. All I did was raise my glass and take one more sip, giving a bright smile which only intensified the worry in his eyes.

I hope we all get out of it. Alive.

~

While passing through the drawing room of Klaus, I heard voices. Moving closer, I identified the voices as Klaus and Caroline. I guess it's one of the scene where Caroline insults Klaus, making him upset.

"...A little servant army to take you places and bring you things."

"You're making assumptions." One can hear sadness in Klaus's voice.

"Then why do you need Tyler? Stop controlling him. Give him his life back."

"You know, this has been a fun evening, but I think it's time for you to leave."

"I get it. Your father didn't love you, so you assume that no one else will either. And that's why you compel people or you sire them or you try to buy them off." She knows where it hurts the most and she jabbed him right there.

SNAP!!!

CLASH!!!

"But that's not how it works. You don't connect with people, because you don't even try to understand them." Caroline finished, throwing the bracelet, leaving Klaus upset which one can perceive from his defeated sigh.

Looking inside, I saw him standing in the middle of room, holding the bracelet like a kicked puppy. I know it's a bad reference for my supposed brother but he do look like that.