•CHAPTER 13•

I jolted awoke to gasp for breath, propelling myself into an upright sitting position

I jolted awoke to gasp for breath, propelling myself into an upright sitting position. Tears roll down my cheeks as I try to wrap my head around what I saw, most importantly what I felt. Betrayal... Pure betrayal... The betrayal I felt at that moment surpassed all other emotions I was feeling in parallel. My knuckles gripped the duvet, turning white as the scene kept on replaying in my head.

Was it even real?
Or was it just a trick of my mind?

If it was real, then that means Anastasia Mikaelson really does exist or existed. And this dream was actually a memory of her before her death or... her future. My future

And if it was just a trick of my mind then how can I feel what that look-alike girl was feeling: scared, anguish, pain, and overall betrayal. Even now I am feeling like I am in burning in fire. Besides, there is only one wood that can alight an Original on fire. White Oak Stake

I got up out of bed and slowly made my way to the bathroom, and started the shower. Keeping the temperature as low as possible, I stepped in the shower, tilting my head back, and sighed. As I closed my eyes and let the cold water wash away the burning sensation, my shoulders relaxed.

Today I can't get distracted. I've to put stop my fictional mother's plan of undoing evil she created, make sure to get Finn in the right direction before my siblings kill him, and most importantly --- Burn the goddamn Wickery bridge. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the shower, getting ready for adventurous today.

~

"Where is everybody, Elijah?" I asked seeing him standing in the living room, deep in thought, "Elijah, all ok?"

"Niklaus, Kol, and Enzo have gone out, and Rebekah is in the shower," Elijah replied coming out of his thoughts. Seeing the burnt sage in his hand, I know what's happening.

"Where is Finn?" I saw how his hands clenched into fists, and his demeanor grew tense which further confirm my suspicion that he is not only doubting Esther but also Finn.

"Mother and Finn, they went somewhere early in the morning." After a pause, he added solemnly, "I don't think you should trust him. They are doing something," showing me the burnt sage.

"Elijah, I trust Finn. I trust all my siblings. So never ever ask me not to do so," I replied sternly, stretching every word to make him understand that I mean it. "And about our dearest Mother, which I can say with guarantee," I stated grimly, "She returned for one reason, to undo the evil she created. She doesn't love us."

I paused, contemplating for a moment before adding softly, "Finn --- I know why you're saying we can't trust him. According to you, he hates what we are, he always has..."

Elijah interrupted, "Isn't it true?" which I didn't mind and continued, raising my voice to drown his,

"But have you ever realized, did we give him enough reason to like us?" I pointed out making his mouth snapped shut, "To like this new change? Every one of us thought of him as a nuisance and when Nikky got his hand on the daggers, you guys found a way to put a stop to it. Not caring about his feelings, not giving a flying fuck that a brother, our elder brother, is daggered for NINE HUNDRED YEARS." In the end, I found myself yelling though I wanted to have this conversation as calmly as possible. But it seems impossible when you see someone, who doesn't acknowledge his own fault and goes to blame another one for why he is taking revenge. I can hear, the shower of Bek's room has stopped. Not wanting to face any more confrontation with another sibling, I walked towards the door.