37 - you're a nun

Start from the beginning

"What, Peter?" I groan. He gently pulls me towards him and I focus on the floor.

"Baby, what happened to us?" he whispers as he lifts my chin. I shrug but he moves his face even closer.

"Was it me? Because I am not like that anymore. We were in high school. That's the only reason people date in high school," He says. I sigh and try to push him away, only for him to move closer. "Maddie, listen."

I stubbornly avoid his stare and he stays silent. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable, so I look at him in hopes that he'll say something and then we can separate.

"We're getting older now. I want to date someone I could spend the rest of my life with. That's you, please," He whispers softly and kisses the corner of my mouth.

I shake my head as he holds my body against the counter with his. He places a hand on either side of my hips and I watch as he glances at my lips.

"Kiss me," He pleads, but I turn my face away from him. I can see how frustrated he's getting, but I don't care.

I'm leaning far away so he can't touch me, but that just makes him try even harder. The closer he gets, the more his body crushes mine against the counter.

"Peter, you're hurting me," I tell him quietly.

"Jesus fucking Christ," He snaps and removes his body from mine. I gratefully move away from the counter and rub my lower back. I watch as he storms out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

"Peter! What's wrong?" I yell as I run after him. He looks up and laughs humorlessly.

"Maddie, you're a nun," He scoffs.

I flinch from the anger in his voice and self consciously wrap my arms around my stomach. He rubs his mouth with his hand and stares at the ground.

"Nevermind," He shakes his head and starts looking for his keys.

"No, say it," I say sadly. He sighs and then sits down on the couch. I just stand there and watch as he stares intently at the tv. He pats the spot beside him and I warily sit down.

"Baby, I want to be with you. And I mean that in every way. I love you so much. I haven't stopped loving you. Why can't we express our love?" He says as he turns to look at me.

"I was never ready," I look at him.

"There's always something. I'm not ready, I'm scared, let's wait a while. Maddie, there's nothing to be afraid of. I love you," He assures me.

"I just can't. We're not even together anymore," I say. He doesn't look at me, but I feel his hand lay on my knee. He starts to nod and then rubs my knee.

"Here, lay down," He smiles as he stands up. I slowly lay down and watch as he slips off his shoes.

He starts laying down beside me and I scoot back to give him some room. He pulls me against his chest and I close my eyes. Peter's always smelled good. It's some kind of cologne and I've always loved it.

"I can wait a little longer. Don't worry," He sighs.

I want to tell him that we're not dating and there's no reason for him to wait. I don't like Peter like I used to. I definitely don't want to do things with him and I don't understand why he still wants to.

But I don't say anything, because I'm comfortable. I like this feeling, even if it's not with the guy I want it to be with.

The two of us fall asleep pretty quick and we only wake up when we hear a loud knock on the door. Peter stretches out and yawns, rubbing my back a little. He groans, laying a cheek on top of my head.

"Maddie, were you expecting someone?" He asks quietly and I shake my head.

We both stay where we are, deciding to ignore the person at the door. A few moments pass and then the person knocks again.

"God dammit, if it's your dad..." Peter groans and starts to sit up.

My dad has a key, dumbass.

I lean back to look at him and shake my head, "It's probably just Henry. He comes over to eat food sometimes."

"I guess I'll get it then," He laughs and kisses my forehead much to annoyance. I wish he'd stop trying to kiss me all the time. I just want to be friends.

I grab the remote as he goes to the door and start searching through the channels. I find How I Met Your Mother and smile, setting the remote on the coffee table. Jordan loves this show.

A new episode has just started and the theme song starts playing. I bob my head and hum it with a laugh, wiggling my feet in the air. That is one catchy ass tune.

"Maddie, who is this guy?" Peter asks loudly and my entire body stills.

hmmmm who could that be

Also if any of you are reading smut, can you comment here. I'm just really curious how many of you are reading both (if you spoil anything right here I will find you and I will kill you)

Oh and I just randomly thought of that iCarly episode where Fred is on it and at the end they make a video together and spencer is standing next to that ostrich and he says "this ostrich thinks I'm a lady" and now I can't stop laughing ok stay chill