🌙 Magic - Magik 🌙

Let us first discuss why we sometimes come across the term 'magic'' and how it is different from the term 'magick'. 'Magick' is actually a term coined by Aleister Crowley, founder of a Pagan religion called Thelema. He used the alternative spelling to differentiate the magic of the occult from that performed on stage for entertainment. Other spellings have been adopted over time like "majick", "majik" and "magik", but for no specific reason. Thus the term 'magick' is essentially unnecessary, and all forms are interchangeable, but we have adopted his idea in this book simply by preference. Magick can be loosely described as the manipulation of the physical world via metaphysics by using ritual action. However, the definition is not all encompassing as in some cases, even actions that are not metaphysical may be described as magick. It is a profound, deep and sacred art of conforming change using the power of will; an art of using the forces of nature to evoke change. It is a neutral art form – neither good nor evil. Instead, the practitioner of the magick decides on the intent or the focus of his natural energy.

Excerpt From
Wicca - Book of Spells and Witchcraft for Beginners: The Guide of Shadows for Wiccans, Solitary Witches, and Other Practitioners of Magic Rituals
Arin Chamberlains
This material may be protected by copyright.