Two - Jen and Roger: EXTREMELY Nice Couple

It had been 22 years since the death of her parents. Today was June's twenty-fifth birthday. Usually, Jen and Roger took her out with her foster siblings for the day to celebrate, but this year was different. Jen was on her own for most of the day. She set an alarm the night before to remind her of the exact time she was born. Her grandmother told her she was born at 9:06 am on a rainy June morning. So at that exact time, June heard her alarm go off with a loud beep. "Happy birthday, June." June said positively. Feeling bad about her birthday would only make her day less fun, so she put on a smile, put on her earphones, and walked out onto her apartment patio. The rain poured down like buckets, but June didn't care. Nothing was going to spoil her day. She hummed the lyrics to "Blue Jeans" by Lana Del Rey as she watched the rain fall for a little while, then went back inside.

June started living on her own after she graduated college. Before then, she had Jen and Roger Martin, her foster parents. They were a young couple and good friends with Lizzie, and since June's grandmother lived in a nursing home, she blessed Jen and Roger with adopting June when she was a few months shy of age four. Jen and Roger loved June with all of their hearts, as Jen and Roger decided they wanted to adopt after losing their unborn child. June loved their warm embrace and they became a perfect family. Jen and Roger eventually decided to try again and to their surprise, they had a pair of fraternal twins, named Ava and Ben, when June was 8 years old.

June was always a very good child, even though she often found herself in some kind of trouble. She made lots of friends, old and young, and often helped out at Jen and Roger's bakery in her town of Weymouth, Massachusetts. After graduating high school, June went to Boston College and studied Literature, in hopes of becoming a children's author. Jen and Roger always embraced June's creative ways and were never bored of her stories. "June," Roger would always say "In order to achieve your dreams, always remember that nothing is impossible when you put your mind to work."

June made her way to the kitchen, her feet tapping the tile roughly. "Alright, breakfast! Time to be served!" She said out loud. She opened the refrigerator and pulled out an egg, turned on the stove, and cracked the egg. The yolk spilled from the eggshell and sloshed into the pan. She then proceeded to retrieve bacon and diced pepper from the refrigerator and put it in the omelette. "This is going to be so good!" June thought to herself as the omelette neared completion. When it was done cooking, she put the omelette on a plate and poured herself a glass of orange juice. Her sister Ava thought she was crazy for liking orange juice with pulp, but she didn't care. "A bit of texture makes everything more enjoyable." She told herself as she sat the bar table and began to eat. The smell was mouthwatering and June made sure to savor every bite.

Later, June was cleaning her apartment. June liked to clean, having done lots of it whenever she cluttered her play space as a child. She was a very organized woman and liked moving furniture around if a setup got boring. While she was making her bed, she heard the doorbell ring. "That's strange. Wasn't expecting anyone this early." She pondered. June made her way to the front door, unlocked the locks and opened the door. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUNE!!!" It was Jen, Roger, Ava, Ben, and June's boyfriend, Andrew. They had come to surprise her. "Thanks guys! I wasn't expecting you to come to my house! I thought we were going to spend the day at your house." June blushed and gave her family a big hug. "It's not everyday that your daughter turns 25!" Roger smiled widely. "And today is going to be a bit different, sweetie." Jen added "we're all going to Boston. We made reservations at Hard Rock Cafe for Lunch!!" she explained. June was so excited. Jen and Roger Martin were extremely nice parents.