Prentiss' phone rings, and she answers. "Prentiss." She listens for a moment before exhaling in relief. "Morgan's okay," she says to the team.

"Good, thank god."

"This is the unsub Morgan chased into the subway," Spencer murmurs, tacking the picture to the board. "This is the one Prentiss shot. Garcia's running them through ViCAP."

"These are smart, well-educated kids," Rossi states. "Hand-picked and trained to be martyrs. They're not gonna be in any government file and they won't have rap sheets."

"Hotch and Kate are at St. Barclays hospital," JJ says, speed-walking up to the group.

Prentiss head flicks up, the phone still pressed to her ear. Spencer breathes a small sigh of relief.

"How are they?" Rossi asks.

"Well, Hotch is in the ER, Kate's in surgery. Morgan's on his way down there now."

Prentiss hangs up. "The media's reporting this as a failed attack on twenty-six Federal Plaza."

"Well, it's not," Y/n answers, her voice firm.

"They're not the only ones," Detective Brustin says. "Homeland Security feels the same way."

"They're wrong."

"They found nothing at any of the sites that you told them that these guys were targeting," he shoots back. "Maybe this thing is over."

"Or maybe that's exactly what they want us to think," Rossi mumbles. "As soon as the bomb techs identify the device, I want to know about it."

"Of course," Brustin says, writing something on his notepad.

Spencer takes a seat next to Prentiss. "Can you get in tighter on the bomber?" He asks Garcia.

"There," Rossi whispers. "In his hand. He's using his cell phone."

"Why not wait until they both get into the SUV?" Prentiss asks.

"Guess he figured he was close enough," Brustin replies.

"Wouldn't you wait until they were in it?" Y/n asks, raising her eyebrows.

"So far these guys have accomplished nothing," Spencer states.

"Nothing?" Brustin states, taking off his glasses. "My partner was shot. Eight people are dead, two agents blown up, not to mention Emily's suicide by cop. Is that not enough?"

"That was memorable," Rossi says, jutting his chin up at the picture of the Twin Towers. "This isn't." He thinks for a moment. "Everything, everything they've done so far has appeared to be something it's not."

Spencer stands, glancing at the board. His mind is going a million miles a minute, trying to put the fucking pieces of this puzzle together

"What do you mean?" Brustin asks.

"The seemingly random acts of murder, the attempt to hack into our security surveillance systems," Spencer explains.

"The suicide by cop to make us all believe that it was over," Y/n continues.

"Don't forget the death card telling us they know we're watching," JJ murmurs.

"All diversions," Rossi says.

"To ensure our attention and an analysis of any given situation would then incorrectly inform our profile," Spencer finishes.

"So the first responders were not the real targets?" Brustin asks, glancing at the table.