Rossi starts taping pictures up from all of the murder sites, the black and white photos haunting to Spencer. He doesn't scare very easily—not since he was kidnapped. But this is scaring him, shooting white hot fear through his veins. He glances at the pictures, arms crossed.

"These are stills from all of the murder sites," Rossi mutters.

"Garcia had us on conference and the system crashed," Spencer hears from behind him.

He breathes a sigh of relief as he watches Prentiss and Y/n walk up to the pair, his eyes immediately flicking to Y/n. She's wearing a long-sleeve blue button down tucked into a pair of slacks, her hands in her pockets. Her face is slightly frantic, obviously worried about the other members of the team. She meets Spencer's eyes for a brief moment before looking away.

"Emily!" JJ exclaims, approaching the team.

"Oh, thank god you're alright," Prentiss says to JJ. "Where's Will?"

"He's stuck at the airport," JJ says. "As soon as I heard I went straight to twenty-six Fed. They're evacuating the building. Where is everyone?"

"Morgan's alright, but there's no word from Hotch," Y/n explains, biting her bottom lip nervously.

"The bomber! The bomber!" Garcia's voice rings out from the video monitor. "Derek's chasing after him!"

"What?" Spencer mutters, eyebrows knitting together as the group crowds around the monitor.

"The bomb—it was in Kate's SUV or under it," Garcia explains. "Hotch is out there with her. He seems okay, but she looks really hurt. He hasn't moved her."

"Where was Kate's SUV parked?" Rossi asks.

"Two blocks east of Federal Plaza."

Spencer starts writing on the board, hearing the conversation go on behind him.

"Two blocks east and they target Kate's SUV?" Prentiss asks, confusing in her tone.

"Have you IDed the bomber?" Y/n asks.

"Lisa's running him and the dead guy through ViCAP."

"Call Homeland Security," Rossi tells JJ. "They should be at all the murder sites. See if they found anything."

"I'm on it."

"Garcia, find out how we can help Morgan."

"Yes, sir."

•••

"Homeland Security has poured tactical teams into all of these locations," JJ says, gesturing at the board. "Uh, SWAT, bomb techs, HRT, hazmat, the works. They found nothing."

Spencer's mouth is hanging open in concentration, eyebrows scrunched as he looks at the board, drawing small stars in certain locations.

"Reid," Y/n says, trying to get his attention.

"All except one," Spencer mutters. "Kate's SUV." He turns toward the group. "None of the shootings are anywhere near it."

"Maybe it's personal," JJ guesses. "This death card they gave us—they delivered on it."

"That's just it—they haven't," Spencer retorts. "With a cell as large as this one and multiple targets to choose from, they target a single SUV?"

"It doesn't make sense," Y/n agrees, rising from her chair.

Spencer meets her eyes again, and she holds his gaze for a moment before looking past him to the board. Spencer's eyes flick down to her covered forearms. Knowing what lies beneath the thin fabric of her shirt sends a pang of hurt through Spencer. His attention is torn away when another agent hands him a small stack of papers, topped with a photo of who he can only guess is the guy who planted the bomb.