Chapter 8 - Training (Part 4)

"Louis, hurry up!" Erin shouted at Louis as she waited in line at the rope wall.  Louis was taking his sweet time, pondering each rung he climbed up on as if one was shotty. 

He snickered slightly, glancing down at his half-sister.  "Patience is a virtue."

Erin groaned, starting to get angry and frustrated.  "You're an ass, Louis."

Louis placed his hand over his heart like her comment hurt him.  Of course, he could care less what she thought.  "That's not very nice to say, sister dear."

"Half sister," she hissed through her gritted teeth.  

Louis suddenly picked up speed and completed the rope course without any problems and with perfect footing.  "You're turn," he said with a sly grin.

Erin didn't reply, she hated talking to her half brother.  She easily and quickly climbed the first half of the ropes, but her foot slipped and sent her falling.  She landed on the matt with a loud thud.  Louis went over to her immediately, praying that she was alright.

Louis extended a hand to her, which Erin took gratefully.  "Perhaps we should be nicer to eachother," he told her sincerely.  "Truce?" 

Erin rubbed her back, the fall wasn't very kind to it.  Instead of going on about her pain, she firmly shook his hand looked into Louis' blue orbs.  "Truce."

But inside, Erin was plotting.  The whole point of the Demigod games was to kill other tributes for their parents. How bad would it be if Mercury's most annoying son was to die?

--

"Percy. What are you doing?" Annabeth put her hands on her hips as she watched her boyfriend attempt bow and arrow again.

Percy shrugged. "Might as well prepare, you know?"

"But you can't hit a target for your life. And Apollo isn't going to be helping you."

"Exactly, so might as well brush up," Percy explained, winking at Annabeth. 

"You're such a seaweed brain."

"But you love me."

"Very true, I could never stop loving you."

"Even if I screw this up somehow, then you won't." A shudder went through Percy.  The very thought of loosing Annabeth was enough to send him on edge.

Annabeth slung her arm around Percy's shoulders.  "You may be a seaweed brain, but the Percy I know screws up a lot.  Another screw up won't matter."

Percy snorted.  "You're just trying to boost my self esteem, aren't you?" he teased.

Annabeth brought her cold hands to Percy's face, then pulled her lips up to his. "Percy, relax, you're getting stressed out."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because we have bigger problems than these stupid games."

"You might as well team up with Piper," Percy told her, jerking a thumb towards her direction.  

Annabeth glanced over at the daughter of Aphrodite.  She was by herself, something totally out of the ordinary.  Jason usually stood at her side, daring anyone to try anything with her.  "Why is that?"

"Saw her snooping around earlier. She isn't actually trying to learn anything here.  It's obvious she's the only other person here thinking the same way we are."

 Annabeth scratched her head, covering her shock that Percy actually figured that out before her. "You're right."

"I'm surprised too, you know," Percy gave her cheek a quick peck, then went back to firing arrows at the targets, extremely far off, but making small improvements. "Guess you're rubbing off on me."

"Don't get your ego up too high, seaweed brain."

"Whatever you say, Wise Girl." Percy cracked a grin, then leaned down to Annabeth again to give her another kiss.

--

Damien watched as the tributes raged around him, bickering and what not.  He hadn't said a word to anyone, he had always been quiet after all.

He stayed at the plant section for the majority of the time, memorizing which plants were safe, and which would ultimately kill him.  Damien knew how to fight monsters, no problem, but he didn't know how to fight someone the exact same as him. 

Damien brushed back some of his dark brown hair and continued to listen to the faun.  Across the training area, a certain daughter of Apollo caught his eye.  She was beautiful.  She acted brave, even though she was just as frightened as much as the others.  Damien knew he saw her from somewhere, but where?

Without really noticing, Damien began to walk away while the faun was only half way through with his lecture. He called back to Damien, but ultimately gave up.  Damien couldn't stop once he was in stride.  He had to talk to her, he had to know where he saw her before.  

The girl hefted up a weight, and nearly dropped it on her foot. Damien rushed over just in time before it fell.  "Thanks," she muttered, lugging the weight back to the stand.  "Aelia," she stuck out her hand formally.

Damien shook it.  "Damien.  Have we met before?"

"No," Aelia answered quickly, picking up a five pound weight and easily doing curls.  "But it's great meeting you," she flashed him a smile.

"It's great meeting you too," Damien replied skeptically.  He was absolutely sure he had seen her at some point, somewhere.  

"I'll see you around," Aelia waved goodbye, leaving Damien alone once again.  

He knew she was hiding something, but what?

--

A/N: Sorry, I know these are boring, but don't you guys worry, Chapter 9 and 10 are all about training, and I promise there won't be more than those two.  Chapter 11 will be interviews and pre-arena jazz.  Chapter 12 will be day one of TDG (demigod games) and chapter 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and possibly up to twenty will be the rest of the games and the outcome.  Only three away until the party begins :D

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and fanning <3 I really appreciate it!

-Emily