Chapter 11- Interviews

"An eight? An eight? who do they think I am?" Annabeth complained to Percy as they received their scores on the screen. Her legs were swung on top of Percy's torso as they laid on the cloud-like couch in the waiting area. The rest of the tributes made awkward conversation as they waited for the interviews to start. 

Percy sighed. "Don't we have more things to worry about, Annabeth?" 

That earned a solid punch to his arm. "We have plenty of time to worry about that," Annabeth told him, flipping her blonde hair back around. "Stop staring," she swatted away Percy's hand. 

"But you look beautiful," he admired her shimmering light blue dress. It caught the light and reflected the grey in her eyes. Her hair was done as well, pinned up in a fancy bun. 

"Not so bad yourself, Seaweed Brain," she smiled at her boyfriend. Percy was dressed in a tuxedo and navy blue tie. All the other guys were dressed up similarly as well in tuxs, while the girls were dressed in a variety of dresses provided by the satyrs. 

"But really, we have a day to figure out what's going on. This event... is just so bizarre."

Annabeth nodded. "We've been over this, but there's nothing else to see here. We just have to make it out alive..."

"But only one person can live," Percy reminded her solemnly.

"Percy, I don't think they're that stupid," Annabeth said heavily, wary of the Gods being able to overhear their conversation. "We have the Giant War. Remember how we need both demigods and Gods to work together to win?"

Percy reached for her hand and clutched it in his. "Exactly. It's like they're trying to kill most of us so Gaea can win."

"That's two in the last few days," Annabeth cracked a grin. "So you think Gaea implanted this in their heads and convinced them to be all Roman fight to the death-ish?"

"That would explain why they're so persistant on staying in their Roman forms,"

"I think you're onto something-" Before Annabeth could finish her sentence, the doors flew open revealing a single satyr. He appeared to old and had a pair of wide square glasses. "Maverick, you're up."

The small Athena boy confidently rose from his seat and disappeared onto the stage. Then on the screen he materialized with Hermes on the projection mounted on the wall. Hermes was dressed in a white suit and a golden tie. "Welcome Maverick, how are you doing?" The two of them sat in two separate white chairs. Before them was an audience of all the minor Gods and other important spirits to Mount Olympus. 

Maverick earned a couple of laughs, he knew how to play his cards correctly. He knew damned well that he needed to get the minor Gods and spirits to like him, seeing as they could have helped him if he was in a bad situation with a small gift like a bottle of water or a morsel of food. After three minutes, Hermes hurried him off the stage then called Annabeth up. And so the rest of the night went on, with each tribute having their own angle. 

Annabeth's was witty. Louis' was comical (to distract from his awful training score). Erin's was cocky and confident. Percy's was nervous and romantic in a sense (seeing as he mentioned Annabeth several times... that seaweed brain). Lara's was determined. Faye's was sexy, all the way. Piper didn't seem to have an angle, she was too distracted to really pay attention to Hermes' questions. Damien stayed mellow and tranquil.  Leo tried to get the audience to chant 'team Leo!' Clarisse was something to be afraid of. Edward was brutish and ugly. Aelia was stumbling over her own words. Liam was handsome and charming. Nico was dark and mysterious, while his sister was sassy and not afraid to be herself. Thalia and Jason went last, considering they were the children of the most powerful God. Jason was also out of it, he didn't really take any angle. And Thalia was edgy and kick ass.