Smoker left to go prepare breakfast while (Y/n) continued watching cartoons but something on the coffee table caught her eye. "What's that?" Sure, they were Smoker's private work papers but she was to curious to leave the papers alone, the name on the folder was just to unique to be from her home town.

"Donquixote Doflamingo. Wait a minute... that man said I could call him... Doffy" Once she opened the folder right there on the first page was a mugshot of the man who nearly killed her a few nights ago. Based on the picture (Y/n) confirmed that this folder had to be all the information Smoker had gathered about him.

"Why is he smiling in his mugshot?" That weirded (Y/n) out since she hadn't seen many mugshots where the person was smiling, your supposed to be in tears or at least have a blank look on your face. It seemed the arresting officer didn't even follow protocol since this 'Doffy' was still wearing his sunglasses in the picture.

She hoped this folder would had at least some answers to who this man was so (Y/n) continued to go through each document in the folder, making small notes to herself about information that would be worth remembering. Occasional she'd look in the direction of the kitchen to make sure Smoker wasn't going to enter the room and caught her in the act. "Who the hell is this guy?"

(Y/n) learned a few things about the man but something stood out and was a little shocking to her. It was his arrest sheet, apparently, he'd be arrested multiple times that didn't really surprise (Y/n). What was odd though was most charges were dropped or he only had to serve a few months in prison.

Picking up the next document she read it aloud in a whisper so Smoker couldn't hear her. "Man kills his brother in self-defence" (Y/n) stared at the brother's picture and the smile he had on his face; his eyes held such kindness in them. Sure, just because the man looked nice didn't mean he was but it was enough for (Y/n) to have doubts that this was done in self-defence.

Reading farther down the article (Y/n) skimmed across a sentence that made her freeze before she re-read it again just to be sure it was correct. "He leaves behind his adopted son. The teenaged Trafalgar. L has yet to be located and is presumed missing" That couldn't be possible (Y/n)'s mind was trying to process the information but that name, it had to be Law.

"He must know Doflamingo if he's the adopted son in this article" (Y/n) didn't know how much time she had left until Smoker would be finished with breakfast so she quickly put the papers back into the folder. Though she didn't read all the documents in the folder she had learned enough to know his man knew how to get things done and keep his hands cleans.

Just as she went back to focusing on the tv Smoker walked back into the room. "Breakfast is ready (Y/n). Go wash your hands then go enjoy your meal. I just need to wake up Ace" She nodded for heading off to the bathroom to wash her hands. As she was turning on the tap when a thought crossed her mind.

"I need to ask Law about this. He might have the answers I need" Picking up the bar of soap (Y/n) held it under the water then began to lather up her hands before placing it back in the soap dish. She knew the man would be going to Luffy's families house today but she needed to caught him before he did. Rinsing the soap an idea made its way into her head as she turned off the taps and dried her hands off.

She could pretend to be sick and hopefully that would lead the doctor to stopping by to check on her. "You're as smart as you are beautiful (Y/n)" Exiting the bathroom you heard a loud thump above you. "Smokey must have rolled Ace off the bed"

(Y/n) sat down in front of her plate before she started eating. Once the two men returned her plan would be set into motion. "Did you really had to push me off the bed Smoke?"

"If I didn't you would have slept all day Ace. I know how you are" Ace didn't fight back as he sat in front of his plate. "Morning (Y/n)" Since the two men were now present (Y/n)'s plan could start. "Mornin-" 'Cough' 'Cough' 'Cough' Smoker ran to pour a glass of water before handing it to her. "Here (Y/n) drink this"

"Thanks. My throats really sore" Ace was the one who spoke up and he held a goofy grin as he did. "Don't worry (Y/n). It's a good thing my brothers dating the best doctor in town. I'll see if he can stop by" 'Cough' 'Cough' Before you knew it Ace was running to the phone but soon returned after a few minutes.

"Good news (Y/n)! The doctor will see you but we'll have to go to his place"

"O- 'Cough' Okay"

After finishing breakfast, everyone went upstairs to get ready, Smoker had taken a bag of clothes from the house so (Y/n) was packing that up since they'd just take her house after finishing at Law's. Since (Y/n) was faking she still had to let out a cough or sniff loudly so they'd think she had a runny nose.

"Are you ready (Y/n)?" Zipping up the bag (Y/n) swung it over her shoulder before exiting the guest bedroom, shooting Smoker a thumbs up as she closed the door behind her. They made their way to the car as Smoker and Ace put their bags into the trunk while (Y/n) kept hers beside her.

After they closed the trunk (Y/n) heard them fighting over who got to drive, Smoker won in the end. Smoker slid into the driver's seat while Ace slid into the passenger's seat with a cute little pout on his face. Soon the car started moving and they begin their way to the doctor's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 10