Ch 4

Smoker was preparing for his morning shift a little earlier than he normally did because he had to check of the Chief's kid, (Y/n). Having gotten ready and had everything that he needed he left to head to his first stop, the grocery store. He figured the girl would need a few things as there probably wasn't a ton for her to eat, he and Sakazuki were good friends so he didn't mind paying for them.

On his way to Sakazuki's Smoker admired the snow-covered trees and Christmas lights, it was one of his favorite times of the year even though it meant higher crime rates and more accidents. Turning onto the street the house was on Smoker was greeted to Sakazuki's home on his right side, the man lived in a small mansion and had it thoroughly decorated for the holiday season but it was decorated for all the major holidays. (Y/n) loved the decorations a lot so her Father did it to keep her happy.

Pulling into the driveway he noticed the garage door had been left open so he closed it before making his way to the front door before ringing the doorbell. 'Ding' He knew if (Y/n) was asleep she probably wouldn't come to the door but Sakazuki trusted him enough to give him a spare key. So, when nobody came to the door, he let himself in, taking off his boots so he wouldn't track snow and slush into the house then made his way to the kitchen to put away the groceries he got the girl.

Hearing snoring coming from the living room he went to check it out and found the girl in question asleep on a chair holding a baseball. "Why on earth does she have a baseball bat?" Taking the bat away from her first he then started to shake the girl "(Y/n) wake up!" It took a while but the girl finally opens her eyes but after the girl feels someone's hands on her she starts freaking out "Ahhhhh! Get away from me creep!"

"(Y/n) calm down it's me Smoker" Having become more awake now she looks over at the intruder, and it was her favorite detective, Smoker or as she called him "Smokey! What are you doing here?" "Your Father asked me to check on you, apparently Steven miscounted heads since they had to leave in a hurry" The girl processed the information before responding "So it's Steven's fault, tis. Did they say when they were coming back?"

"He called me back this morning and said the only flight was Friday morning but your brothers would be coming back to so you can be together for Christmas" (Y/n) was glad they'd be back soon. "So (Y/n) would you like to stay at my place or are you okay to stay here?" Thinking for a minute the girl thought she would be fine to stay at home, the creeps she seen last night wouldn't dare come back after knowing someone was home. "No, I'm fine here. Your place smells like smoke, yuck" Smoker started laughing at that, he knew she wasn't fond of cigar smoke.

"I thought you'd say that, I got you some basic groceries that should keep you from starving" This man definitely knew how to impress the ladies, too bad he was married to another rookie cop in the department. "If you weren't taken Smokey, I'd marry you in a heartbeat, hahaha"

Even though the man was married it didn't stop women from trying to flirt with him but his partner never had to worry about Smoker cheating on him with any of them. They were one of the only gay married couples in our small Canadian town, same-sex marriages were still new but they were legal. "How is Ace by the way?" Bringing up Ace's name brought a smile to the man's face. "He's fine, we're going to his family's house for Christmas dinner. If it's anything like last year I might not survive"

As the two continued to talk Smoker realized the time, he needed to get to his shift. "Sorry (Y/n) but I need to get to work. Are your phone lines still down?" (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders, she didn't check it since yesterday. Going to check the phone Smoker doesn't hear the dial tone so he confirmed they were still down, not wanting the girl to have no way of calling for help if something happened, he took his personal flip phone out of his pocket. "Here (Y/n). If anything happens call the station, or Ace both numbers are in the contacts" Before he gave it to her his mind went to his little spitfire.