Ch 9

Doflamingo had been staring at (Y/n)'s picture for a while but was interrupted when a family member knocked on his office door to tell him lunch was ready. As much as he wanted to skip it and stay in his office instead it was best to answer their questions now so they didn't bother him later.

He placed the documents Vergo sent regarding (Y/n) in one of the desk drawers before he got up from his chair stretching as he slipped on his house shoes. "Let's get this interrogation over with" Exiting the office he made sure to lock it before sliding the key into his pocket before he turned and began his way to the dining hall where most of his family would be waiting.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Good afternoon Doffy! How was your meeting this morning?" Sitting down in his chair he turned to the person who addressed him. "It went fine Trebol" The man got a little close to him before he spoke again. "Hey! Hey! Is it true you're not going to kill that girl, what was her name (Y/n)?"

"You're to close! And no, I'm not killing her, and if I find out any of you lay a hand on her, I'll kill the person responsible with my bare hands!" Trebol backed away from Doflamingo with his hands raised until he was sitting properly in his seat again. "Why keep her alive? She got you busted by the police after all"

"My little bird was simply afraid for her life at the time. It's unfortunate that the police got involved but (Y/n) is not at fault" A maid came into the room before coming up to Doflamingo. "Young Master a call for you" Getting up from his spot he went to the house phone before placing the receiver to his ear while wondering who could be bothering him during lunch.

"Yes?" He sounded a little annoyed but that quickly disappeared when the other person began to speak.

"Doffy I heard from Smoker today and he said (Y/n) was so terrified after finding out you were released that she fainted" Doflamingo was a little surprised by this but then remembered he did threaten the girl so her fear was justified.

"Really? It's to be expected though, I'm going to send a team to keep an eye on her. I seen a house for sale on that block" He'd be sure to send people that weren't know allies of his, he didn't want the girls Father to grow suspicious of the new people that were moving to the block.

"Understood Doffy"

~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple minutes Doflamingo ended the call before he went back to finish his lunch. "Who was that Doffy?"

"Vergo. He said the little Birdie fainted after finding out I was released" Trebol had started laughing and it caused Doflamingo's veins to pop on his forehead. "Do not laugh at her!" He didn't care when he had scared her before but now it was different, how was he going to make her less afraid.

"You just need to give her some time Doffy, the girl was put through something traumatic her reaction was normal" Jora had spoken up and had made a good point, he'd give her few weeks to let her calm down but, in the meantime, he should write an apology letter.

"There's a house for sale on her street, I'd like it purchased and a team put there to watch her" The family agreed to getting it done then they resumed eating their lunch, they didn't talk to Doflamingo much more after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few hours before (Y/n) woke up again after she had passed out. She was put back in bed but she wasn't sure about leaving it just yet. "Smoker!" There were footsteps before the door to the room opened as Smoker walked in.

"Ah, good to see your awake (Y/n). You don't need to worry; he won't hurt you and your Father will be home tomorrow" (Y/n) slowly put the man in the back of her mind as she thought about her Father returning tomorrow along with her brothers.

"Are the police done at my house?" The door would need to replaced that she knew since 'Hamilton' kicked it in, she'd rather not give him any power with trying to find out his name.

"Almost they were replacing your back door today and putting some finishing touches on it but it should be ready for you to go home tomorrow" (Y/n) was glad she'd be at home for Christmas even though something terrible happened there last night, her family would be there to protect her.

"That's good. Are we picking them up at the airport or are they meeting us at the house?" Smoker answered right away. "Ace will pick them up after he drops us off at your place, then that way me and Ace can go to his families place after" Right, Smoker did say he was going over there for Christmas this year.

"You'll still get there on time, right?"

"We originally planned to get there early but I'm glad that our arrival time will be pushed back. It will give me more time to prepare for the chaos that I'll have to face" (Y/n) started laughing at that, she knew that Ace and Luffy's family were a handful on a regular day, she wished the man luck, he'd need it.

"Don't worry Smokey I'm sure you'll survive. Law's invited to right, at least that's what Luffy said. Maybe you can stick with him, protect each other"

"I'll kept that in mind. Come on (Y/n) I made dinner, Ace isn't back yet but should return soon" Getting up (Y/n) followed Smoker to the table where there was a feast set up, Ace could eat enough for five people easily so none of it would be wasted.

"You're the best cook I know Smokey" Sitting down Smoker made you up a plate before placing it down in front of you. You were enjoying the meal when the front door could be hear opening before it closed and Ace announced he was home.

"Smoke I'm back" Smoker left the room to greet the man before you heard him tell Ace to go wash his hands while he made him a plate. Once Ace came back from washing his hands he sat down in his chair and started eating like he hadn't eaten in days.

Ace had narcolepsy so Smoker would keep a close eye on him while he ate so the man wouldn't land face first in his dinner. "Are you-" There it was Ace was out cold, Smoker opened Ace's mouth before removing any food that was still in his mouth so the man won't choke. Taking a hold of the back of his shirt Smoker kept him alright while he ate with his free hand.

"-existed about the family dinner?" Ace starting eating again after Smoker let go of his shirt but it did happen a few more times but Smoker was always there to catch Ace before his face would smash into his plate. Such a wonderful man (Y/n) wished she would find someone as great as Smoker, she was so jealous of their relationship at times.

~~~~~~~~

"Time for bed (Y/n)" Ace and (Y/n) were cuddled up on the couch together watching a movie and the ending credits had just began to roll when Smoker walked into the room. "Do I have to go to bed?" (Y/n) didn't really want to go to bed just yet even though her eyes were starting to close on there own as she let out a yawn.

"I'm afraid so (Y/n) but think about it tomorrow you'll be back at home with your Father and your brothers" Smoker was right so she got up before she followed Smoker to the guest room where he tucked her in for the night before he left back to the living room to drag Ace to bed as well.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and shortly after they closed, she was sound asleep as thoughts of Father and brothers coming home crossed her mind. They would keep her safe from that evil man, they were the strongest people she knew after all.

~~~~~~~

End Chapter 9