After that was over and he rinsed my hair, he helped me stand up. Though it was hard to stand, I was able to manage. I knew I could stand for at least a couple minutes so I was able to rinse the rest of my body off by myself (unfortunately). He left for a minute to get me fresh clothes and when he was gone in that second, I stripped off my stained camisole and shorts, which took a little effort in removing. I continued to stand there after rinsing, under the raining water in just my bra and panties. It felt good to be fully rinsed of blood now. I slowly shut the water off when done.

Before I could grab the towel though, Luke came back and in sight. When his eyes fell on me, his cheeks heated and his eyes even lingered when he looked me over. But he quickly turned the other way just as I snatched the towel a little late. Looking to the floor, he said quickly before I could apologize, "Dry off then do you think you can handle getting dressed? Or will you need help?"

Oh shit. It was hard just standing at times. I wasn't sure. I honestly wouldn't mind him helping me with that but with how I was feeling after his words still rung strong... that wouldn't help in keeping my attraction to a minimum. "I should be able to handle it."

He offered me his hand and helped me out slowly this time. He left for a minute and I was glad I was able to accomplish that myself, drying off and changing. I didn't feel that much better seeing that I was still hurting and sore like a bitch. But it was a small relief that I was very thankful for. He even helped rinse my mouth out until the taste of blood was mostly gone.

"How are things going?" I heard a new voice, just as we were about to leave the bathroom. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I was holding Luke's arm for support and my fingers tightened without thinking. I glanced to Clare as she stood in the door, a sympathetic look aimed at me. "Are you feeling better, darling?"

I couldn't help my words. "I am now. I understand why the Jacuzzi was such a necessity for sex now. Nice way to make up for a shitty day if you ask me," I said, happy when I saw Clare's expression change, reveal the real thing. Hate and disgust rolled over her as she looked to me.

"Don't you ever say anything like that again!" she yelled at me, scowl on her face. "You're not funny, you're not all of a sudden a cool little badass kid. Grow up and respect me and Luke!"

My eyes widened. This was the first time she snapped like that, with that amount of disgust behind those words - and with him around. That was pretty bad to say to me in front of Luke. Especially when she is expected to understand that I have somewhat of a right to say that. And especially after what I went through today. But more importantly, it was a bad thing to say especially when Luke was the one to clean me up and not her.

"Clare..." Luke said in disgust. Looking up at him, his eyes said enough. He's been lost since the day I came home. And now, as my time here grows, so does the likelihood of a divorce. Luke wasn't happy anymore. He shouldn't have to try to be happy. If he had to try, what does that alone say?

She forced the facade back into place. But it was too late. "Luke, I was just--"

Luke guided me with slow steps out of the bathroom. "Not now, Clare," he growled. You could tell he wanted to really yell at her but he didn't. Leaving her standing there, he seemed to rush me a little until we were in my room. He shut the door behind him and helped me onto my bed. Climbing under my covers, I moved my pillow behind me and sat up against the headboard, looking to him. He stood there with gentle eyes on me.

"How do you feel?"

"Like a dinosaur sat on me and broke all my bones. Then took a shit on me."

His lips tilted up slightly and he chuckled under his breath. He had quickly changed when I was getting dressed and now, he was wearing one of his muscle shirts and khaki shorts. It was still daylight but I could tell neither of us wanted to leave my room, maybe him most of all. He didn't want to face her. It seemed as if he was pissed off at her even before what she said a few minutes ago.