Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Blank faced, all he could do was bore his stare into Clare's ugly ass face.  Though this was a great night, it didn't mean I wasn't feeling bad for the guy.  I was a little sympathetic towards him, I admit.  So fucking sue me. He just found out his wife, who he must have figured was his perfect love, lied to him.  And it was one big  lie for him to accept.  Looking at his face now, I wasn't sure there was any 'accepting' go on in his head though.  He just stared at her until his eyebrows slowly dipped.  Which was making this night awesome.

"Clare... what is she talking about?" He never looked away from her.  I honestly don't know how he was able to look at her evil face for that long but his eyes were desperate, wanting an answer from his foolish wife.

I finally understood why Clare came and got me in a hurry.  I already knew it was because her husband would be home soon after.  However, she was wearing a blonde wig and I knew that it was because she wanted to get me without running into Luke.  After all, Luke does work at the place my mother had to go to pick me up. 

"Luke, honey...." She sighed, squeezing her hand in his, as if for reassurance.  Reassurance wasn't what he needed.  From his face, he needed either sleep or some alcohol.  I personally would choose alcohol if it had anything to do with Clare.  "Let me explain," she finally said.

Jesus.  That's what he wanted and he wasn't stopping her.  "Go on Clare.  Let's hear it," he said in a cracked voice, sitting back and dropping her hand harshly.  There was a disgusted look aimed at her as I think he saw how true it was on her face.  He didn't want to believe it but with that disturbed face... he was catching on.

She was shaking even more as her hand fell from his.  She whimpered slightly like the crying bitch she always seemed to be.  She was always strong and rough, mean and a bitch.  But when things went wrong for her, she couldn't be any more weak and pathetic.  A weak, pathetic, stupid cry baby.  It made my heart feel so warm to see her in this state now. 

She couldn't say anything so I jumped in, more than happy to help.  "Luke," I said, gaining his gaze as he flicked his broken eyes to me.  I wanted to explain it slow and nicely to him because he didn't deserve what was happening to him right now.  But like I said, a chance like this rarely happens to me.  "Here's what happened.  My lovely mother here," I explained, waving my hand indicating her.  "Was a big slut-bag as a kid.  She fucked this guy at 14 or 15 and he got her pregnant with me.  Yeah I know, what a great cause for me to be alive.  Anyway, my parents were pretty much trash.  I mean, picture it: a 15 year old slut pregnant - with a new 17 year old husband." I sarcastically gasped and looked to Clare.  After all, I just 'accidently' revealed another secret about her past.  As if me alone wasn't enough to accept already.  "Oops.  Oh, I'm sorry, did you not tell him you were married before either?  Sorry, mom.  It just slipped out with the rest of the truth."

Her eyes widened with tears, her stomach was heaving as a sob was close to breaking through her lips. With it, pure hate was aimed at me through her wet eyes.  I was happy she wasn't able to speak without it coming out with a sob.  And though she tried to interrupt me, that was not happening as I soon turned back to Luke to explain the rest. 

His eyes were now trained on my face.  His smooth skin along the planes of his cheeks were very pale as his emerald shaded eyes were also wide.  Except, not from anger like Clare.  From astonishment and disgust, shock and so much hurt.  

"Anyway, yeah, they were married.  And once I was born, the three of us were the typical trailer trash family.  I guess my mom loved me then.  I know.  Shocking.  But after my father left, she started beating on me because she hated my father for it and because I had my father's traits.  But now, since I have a new daddy, maybe mommy will start being nice to her 'crazy' daughter.  But of course, like I said earlier, you pick what you want to believe."  I grinned, glancing over to my sobbing mother that sent me smiling before looking back to him.