"You friends with Kelsey and Summer now?" Chanel asked.

And if I was.

"Maybe... does that bother you or something?" I asked.

"I'm just saying they not real friends." She said.

"Right and how would you know that?" I asked.

"We all went to high school together Meerah. Don't be stupid." She said.

"Stupid would be listening to you rant over something that happened in high school... and it happened because of you. You're the reason we're not friends anymore." I said.

"Whatever." She said.

Yeah cause you know i'm right.

"I'll see y'all later." I said.

"And where you going?" Lora asked.

"Oh you can speak now?" I said.

"What's up with this attitude of yours?" Lora asked.

"Y'all irritating and badgering me about some shit that ain't got nothing to do with y'all." I said.

"Alright. That's our bad. Chanel was just looking out for you." She said.

"Ok." I said walking away.

I wasn't tryna hear none of that.
———
I started to walk back to the apartment by myself when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Ameerah!" The voice called out.

I could barely see anything because it was so dark but I could see the figure. The figure got closer and closer until I finally seen who it was.

 The figure got closer and closer until I finally seen who it was

"Wassup baby." He said.

"Tyrell?! What are you doing here.... in Louisiana..." I said.

Tyrell was a huge part of why I was sent to rehab in the first place. He was my ex boyfriend and my first love... my first everything. He's the one who pushed me to drugs.

"I came on business a few weeks ago but then I heard you in college out here so I had to track you down." He said.

"Track me down?!" I said backing up.

"You can't do that..." I said trying to pull out my pepper spray.

"But I did love... now let's go. I know you missed daddy. We got a lot of catching up to do." He said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I said snatching my arm away.

He raised his hand and slapped me across my face.

"Bitch you go wherever I tell you! You must've forgot." He said.

I couldn't even respond.. I was in shock from what he just did. It's been a long time since i've been hit.