Lisa's Fruitless Day

Start from the beginning

"No time to joke around! He's coming any minute now! Which is why Paimon jetted her way here to alert you!" Paimon waved her hands around, her legs shaking. "You wouldn't believe it! He was screaming your name the whole time, several knights had to restrain him!"

"Now I'm beginning to be fascinated about this whole situation than what I'm reading for today. Alright, you have officially taken my teacup. Question is, am I up to his standards?"

"Paimon can't believe you right now, Lisa..."

No sooner than later, the doors to the library opened once more. Lisa would normally attend to whoever entered, offering them her million-Mora smile. But now she was strapped to her seat, inclined to remain in her position. Paimon's expression gave the answer to Lisa's questions.

Aether was definitely the one who twisted the doorknobs like a madman. 

"A bit hungry, is he?" Honestly, the temple of Lisa's head became a little moist. She had to admit to herself she was a little nervous. While no one dared to woo her due to her intelligence and high standard of men, not experiencing a situation full of pure lust was one of her Achilles' heel. 

The lack of romantic experience contributed to a dreadful feeling of what was to come. How was she to deal with this?

Aether's eyes scanned the room akin to a slime's. He doubled over on all fours, crawling similar to a certain wolf. It didn't take him long to find Lisa observing him from afar the top floor of the library. She swore she saw him drool.

Lisa gulped, her smile still on.

In only a few seconds, Aether climbed all the way up without using the stairs, relying more on his canine instincts to get up over the ledge. "LISA!"

He attempted to hug her right away. Lisa managed to blink away faster than him, appearing from one side to another. This caused the young man to tumble towards a bookshelf. A neatly arranged stack of books threatened to erupt out of it. Only ten to thirteen books popped out bonking Aether's body consecutively. An unpleasant groan of pain echoed.

"Ugh... This was the result of Venti's newly modified harp... He knows all kinds of music so this is unbelievable." Paimon's head slugged.

Aether emerged out of the mountain of books, going closer to Lisa again. This time, she allowed him. He wasn't psychotic, he was just under a spell. A spell Lisa hoped was curable. When did she study about hypnotism in the academia before? It could've been useful but the frequency of it happening was slim. 

It happened to Dvalin but that was an entirely different matter.

Aether cuddled against Lisa, whispering happily to himself. 

"C-crazy..." Paimon muttered. Aether roared at Paimon. "Gah! He doesn't recognize Paimon!"

"I fail to understand how this flew past that bard's head. This level of manipulation is anything but severe." Lisa patted his head.

"You can tell by looking at it?"

"Magical auras waft or linger for a long period, whether it be a powerful shield or a hapless bind. While the effects are in full bloom, the spell itself isn't so disastrous. We might only need Venti to reverse the spell again."

Paimon slapped herself, "Why didn't Paimon think of that?"

"Speaking of, where is he now?"

Aether looked at Lisa, pouting, "Do you like Venti more than me?"

"Oh my! Such a cutie! Who knew this spell can uplift my spirits despite it being inherently ominous!"

~*~