My first day living in Sardinia I noticed how differently Diego's private secretary treated me. He has always treated me with respect. But he was now asking me about meetings with my private secretary. I'm being treated by the staff not as a girlfriend but as a future queen.

My Danish assistant Jenny has been promoted to the post of my private secretary. She will shadow Diego's private secretary while I get my bearings in my new home.  I'm spending a month learning from the queen what my future role will entail before I do any engagements. I also have to become a citizen and become roman catholic.

My second day living in Sardinia I had a meeting with the queen, "We are having an engagement party for you guys at the end of the week".

"Thank you ma'am".

"When we're by ourselves or with family you can call me Camila. You're family now I want you to come to my meetings and see how I run the household. How I deal with things I need to as Queen. You're a princess so you have meet dignitaries before. But you have not been at the forefront of planning a state visit with the household help. Once you're wed you will be the second most important female in the royal household. My daughter will be curtsying to you. When my husband and I are not here you and Diego will be in charge. There will be times both of you will be expected to deputise for us on overseas trips or greeting a president or a royal".

"I know, I've learnt a lot about the country during my courtship with Diego. I know the language and I have seen you doing things behind the scenes. Now it's my time to go from lurker to learner". The queen smiles at me.

"I won't lie there's a lot to learn on top of everything else you have to do. Like being confirm in the catholic church. The world now knows about your relationship with my son. The press will not always be pleasant to you. Your past will come up. You can now start the paperwork to start the building of your domestic violence children's charity here. I want you to know the palace will support you. The family have gotten to know you the press haven't. We have to be prepared for your mother perhaps causing trouble. She was contacted for a statement on your engagement I believe. She is not welcome here and we your new family know why she won't be at the wedding. When the press are calling you heartless for not speaking to her we won't care".

I hug her, "You make me feel like I finally have a mother thank you".

"You're marrying my son I'm gaining a daughter and I'm glad you think of me that way".

We go over the normal things expected of me each day in regards to my royal duties. I'm told when I can walk in a room together with Diego and when he needs to go first. How I'm expected to be greeted by the people I visit when I'm doing a solo engagement as a future queen. The amount of people I need to help me in my day to day duties.  I'm told the names of my new bodyguards as I no longer have Danish ones. I now have four including a woman. We take a break for tea then I'm shown my offices for my staff. It was so big and as I look around the suite of rooms I remember asking myself why I hang around with people that tear me down. I smile because I knew I no longer had those friends and I wouldn't be where I'm if I did.

Camila had a list of people she thought would be great for some of my staff roles I still needed to fill. But it was made clear to me I can choose totally different people if I wanted to. I tell her that for now I will share Diego press person.
It was coming up to 1 o'clock when we finished our meeting. Diego was taking me sightseeing finally then we had a table book for a private meal at a restaurant I wanted to try.

I walked in the kitchen and make myself a cheese and turkey sandwich with a fruit salad. The staff were use to me doing this. They kept working while I make myself my lunch. When I finish eating I change into a pretty light blue dress by a local designer with flat shoes with a gel insole inside it. I was putting on my makeup when Diego walks into our bedroom. He kisses me passionately.

"How was your meeting with my mother?"

"Informative and extremely helpful".

"I'm glad to hear that".

We make our way downstairs into a chauffeur driven car when we get to the main town we get out the car. Diego holds my hand and we start walking and he points out places of interest to me. We make our way to the beach and sit it was so peaceful. I had seen it before but not in the day from this angle with Diego. A bodyguard comes over to say the press had started to arrive. I didn't mind so we stood up and continue walking and enjoying each other's company.

An hour into the walk the press was becoming a problem. Diego and I stood still for some photos hoping they would leave us alone after.

"Are you looking forward to the wedding Your Highness ?" A reporter shouts at me.

"Of course and I'm enjoying learning about my new home".

After answering the questions one of the bodyguards opens the door to the car which was following behind us as we walked. When we were in the car I ask, "Should I have not answered their question?"

"It's best to give a statement as they will try to catch you out when you answer their questions. I think you need to do several lessons with a etiquette coach and a media training person. Your role will be changing so learning tricks to help you navigate it can only be a good thing. I myself had both types of training ".

"I want to learn so I'll do the training".