Chapter 18

Anna's POV

I sat on the couch in the common room. I wasn't able to sleep (like most nights), so I was doing the next most important thing, trying to find out what the second challange was. I felt like it was really obvious, and I was overthinking it. I ran my hand over the egg I've been staring at for hours. It was large, golden, and had a starfish shaped knob on the top. That's it! I finally figured it out, it could only be opened underwater! I had to tell Harry, I couldn't wait. I grabbed the egg and tip-toed up to the boy's dormitory and walked ove to Harry's bed where he was sleeping peacefully. I felt bad about waking up, but I couldn't wait until morning to tell him.

"Harry, wake up," I whispered while softly shaking him. He wouldn't wake up.

"Come on, please wake up," I hissed. He didn't budge. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Then, I had an idea. It would be awkward, but it would work. I leaned in and kissed him, that woke him up. When we broke apart, he stared at me, wide-eyed with his startling green eyes. I could feel a a blush painting its way across my face, and I hoped it was too dark for him to see. (I can see all of you "Hanna" shippers making whale noises you're fangirling so hard. I can also feel the vibes given off by the "Canna" shippers who want to send some of Hagrid's bloody chickens (These are what Draco calls Hippogriffs if you forgot :P ) after me...)

"What-"

"We need to get down to the Black Lake, bring your invisibility cloak," I said quietly, trying to keep my voice emotionless and turned to go out the door. He got his cloak. We draped it over us and sliently walked out.

"Anna?"

"Yeah?"

"Um...are we getting back together?" he asked, I pretended to snicker.

"Why would you think that?"

"You did kiss me..."

"It was because you wouldn't wake up,"

"So you couldn't pour water on me?"

"What? You didn't like it?" I asked, fake hurt in my voice.

"It was amazing... I mean um...it was..." he trailed off awkwardly. I just chuckled.

"To answer your question, no,"

"Ever?" he asked, I hesitated.

"Probably not," I said, trying to keep my voice steady and trying to resist the urge to kiss him again.

"Oh," was all he said. There was an awkward silence for a while, then we got to the Black Lake.

"Get in," I ordered, motioning to the water.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"No thanks, I'd rather not get hypothermia," he said. Then, I ran and shoved him in.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" he yelled when he surfaced, I was laughing so hard.

"It's not funny," he growled. He grabbed my ankle and I fell in. I dropped the egg and I swam to the bottom to get it. I surfaced and it was Harry's turn to laugh.

"I was going to get in anyways," I said, rolling my eyes as he laughed. I went under, and so did he. I opened the egg. There were voices singing, they were mermaids.

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching, ponder this;

We've taken what you will sorley miss,