Chapter 17

Anna's POV

I sat in the Great Hall, talking to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"So, what do you think we're doing in Defense Against the Dark Arts today?" Hermione asked.

"Ugh, I don't know. I swear, if we learn about one more curse I'll-"

"Why do you hate Professor Moody so much?"

"Because there's something about him that just isn't...right. It seems like he's very mysterious and untrustworthy."

"He's not that bad. And without him, I wouldn't have done well in the tournament."

"Look, I have this gut feeling that he's not who he seems to be. And my gut feeling usually never wrong. Now let's just get to class and stop arguing," I said and went to leave, the others following, but still a little shocked at my sudden outburst. We finally got to the classroom. Ron and Hermione sat together, and Harry and I sat together. Professor Moody came in and went to the front of the class.

"Welcome class. Today, we are going to learn about the imperious curse."

"Of course," I muttered. His head snapped towards my direction, and he scowled.

"Miss Black, come up here," he ordered. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the front of the class.

"Well, why did you want me to come up here?"

"You can be my test-dummy. Imperio!" he yelled, and I could feel the curse put on me. A voice in my head kept screaming at me to jump over a desk that was in front of the class, but I was able to resist. At this point, Professor Moody was furious.

"Having fun?" I taunted, and he scowled again, and I could feel the curse get stronger. I was becoming weaker by the second. I accidently let my gaurd down, and slammed into the table. My side was screaming in pain, and it took everything to resist the curse. Then, he did the unexpected.

"CRUCIO!" he yelled and the pain took over. I was screaming in agony, and the class was in total shock.

"STOP IT!" I screamed.

"Can't resist that curse, can you?" he asked, and that was the final straw. I had an adrenaline rush. Somehow, I lifted the curse off me, and I forced myself to get up.

"I think I can resist it," I said, smirking and ignoring all the leftover pain. 

"Stupefy!" he said, but I waved my hand and blocked it. Then, we started dueling. Well, actually it was pretty much just Moody casting spells, and me easily blocking them.

"Fight back you coward!"

"Okay, as you wish," I said simply. I waved my hand and shot fire at him, he dropped to the floor just before he would hve been burned to death. He quickly got up, his face beet red from anger.

"Go back to your seat!"

"Aw, but I was just having fun," I said and smirked. 

"Now."

"Okay, fine," I muttered and sat back in my seat. Everyone's eyes were on me, shocked by how I was able to fight back.

Harry's POV

I was just shocked. How did Anna do that?! Well, she does have special powers...but still...

"Mr. Potter, your turn," Professor Moody said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I could feel my eyes widen with fear. I looked at Anna, who gave me an encouraging look.

"You'll do fine Harry," she whispered.

"You should take your girlfriend's encouragement and come up here," he said. I could feel my face turn red, along with Anna's. I chose not to say anything, and went up to the front of the class, ignoring the murmurs of gossip coming from almost everyone. He put the curse on me, and a voice in my head kept demanding for me to walk towards Professor Moody. I tried to resist, but just wasn't able to. Just as I started walking, another voice was in my head.