The sheriff turned to face the True Alpha. "Scott, you know more about this than all of us."

Scott frowned. "Me?"

I furrowed my brow. "Wait a minute. Didn't Mr. Yukimura tell you the whole story?"

He nodded, meeting my eyes. "Yeah, but that happened during World War II. Like 70 years ago."

Stiles interrupted Scott. "Wait. What did you say?"

Scott frowned. "Mrs. Yukimura told me about the internment camp..."

"You said the whole story."

"Yeah. What is it?"

Stiles looked between us. "There's a girl at Eichen House. Her name's Meredith. I think she might be able to help."

Parrish nodded. "Sheriff, Meredith Walker."

"She's still there?" the sheriff questioned.

"Yeah, but they moved her to the Closed Unit."

I frowned. "Why?"

Parrish turned to her. "They said behavioral issues."

"Huh. What issues?"

"She wouldn't stop screaming."

"Screaming? Sound familiar you two?"

Scott nodded. "I think so."

Scott and I took Stiles back to Scott's. I was too focused on more important matters than homework.

He gasped suddenly and shot up. "Stiles, it's okay," I told him gently.

Stiles started looking around with a panicked expression. "What happened? How long was I out? Where's Scott?"

"He's upstairs. You need to rest. Sit down."

He did as I instructed and asked, "What about my dad? Where is he?"

"He and my dad are questioning people at Eichen House, looking for Meredith. He made me and Scott promise we wouldn't let you out of our sight."

"And the others?"

"They're all looking for Lydia."

He let out a frustrated sigh. "It's starting to feel like we're waiting for a ransom call."

"We'll find her. At least that's what the ever-optimistic Scott says."

Scott came down the stairs and asked, "You okay?"

Stiles nodded and rubbed his hands together before putting on a jacket. "Yeah. I don't know why, I just can't seem to get warm."

"Maybe you should sit down," Scott said, seeing that Stiles was standing again. "Take it easy."

Scott placed a hand on Stiles' and frowned. "You're in pain."

"It's not that bad," Stiles said, obviously lying as I sensed the blip in his heartbeat. "Just more like a dull ache."

"Where, Stiles?"

"Sort of everywhere."

Scott left to take a call and I leaned back on the couch and glanced at my friend. "You're hurting more than you're letting on. Let me take some of your pain."

"No, Ella. You take my pain, Derek feels it."

"Since when do you care about Derek?"

"Since he saved you multiple times."

We drove to the school to pick up Meredith, because she was apparently there. I immediately asked bluntly, "Where's Lydia?"

Meredith glanced at me and asked in confusion, "Who's Lydia?"