The List

Nikita went through the first month of school biding her time. She knew Ani shouldn't even be coming with her to Hogwarts. But if she wanted to be honest with herself, she needed Ani there for moral support. The plans were being put into motion even as Nikita was sitting in the dining chamber eating silently. Nikita needed to get into Hogwarts as soon as possible to keep whatever was going on in check.

Ani looked at Nikita noticing that her best friend was quiet and quite possibly troubled. Tonight was the night Madame Maxime would choose the students who will accompany her to Hogwarts. Nikita had a disadvantage because the giantess had special favorites that she chooses herself.

Nikita didn't have a problem with Madame Maxime but she also didn't have any relationship with Madame Maxime as well. She knew that the Madam had a keen eye for specific girls. Blondes seemed her favorite since Fleur Delacour had literally been Madame's pet for this year. Nikita knew of Fleur through Ani. Ani had revealed that Fleur was a veela to Nikita as well. So, Ani knew if they needed a way to get to Hogwarts they needed to talk to the one girl that Madame Maxime would listen to.

Nikita stood in the dorms near a fireplace watching the wood crack and pop by the destruction of the fire. She loved the elements. Something about them fascinated her. And sitting there contemplating the cracks in the burning wood was better then facing the conversation that Ani was about to have with the eldest Delacour.

"Fleur, we need your help. Come October 1st, we need to be on that carriage with you and Madame Maxime to Hogwarts" Ani said. Fleur answered in her heavy accent.

"Ani, you know I respect you and your mother. Ze Jankovic family means something to every veela wo knows you."

"You don't understand Fleur..."

"You're asking for me to help you and zis Nikita. But Madame Maxime is selecting." Fleur argued. However, Nikita needed this help and if that meant taking extreme measures, then so be it. Nikita reluctantly pulled herself away from the fireplace to sit-down on the coffee table in front of the lounge chair that Fleur was sitting on. She crossed her legs and got right down to business.

"Listen, Fleur. Your duty is to me first not Madam Maxime. My name is Nikita Malik. And I need you to get us on that carriage as soon as possible." Fleur stared at Nikita in utter shock. Nikita gave her a dull look waiting for Fleur answer patiently.

"Yes mademoiselle." Fleur then left briskly out of the room leaving Nikita and Ani to sit in the dorm. Ani looked at Nikita with pure interest at what had just happened. "Never thought that would happen." Ani joked. Nikita chuckled at the memory slightly. It felt good to see Fleur run off in fear like that. But that doesn't mean that She actually did what was asked of her. But that night would be the night that the would found out how loyal the Delacour's were.

"Bonsoir, mesdames et messieurs. I have finally chosen the select few that will be joining me to attend the Triwizard Tournament and visiting the host school Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Durmstrang Institute." Madame Maxime said at the podium. She then proceeded to call of names the people by name. Fleur Delacour was at the top of the list of course. Gabrielle Delacour soon followed. "Ani Jankovic!" Ani looked around, her eyes widened at the sound. Nikita smiled and clapped for her.

Madame Maxime continued to shout out the names of the girls on her list and Nikita was beginning to become disheartened at the fact that she is not being called. After a few minutes, she finally calls out the last name.

And it wasn't Nikita Malik.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a long back and forth between which plot I would use. It was either Maxime choosing her or not. Which one would you have preferred?
Until next time...