Ferrets and Moods

There she was, yet again. Out of bed at night. Waiting in a room. A professor's room to be exact. Nikita knew she wouldn't be welcomed. And had anybody else seen her out of bed otherwise, they would be furious. But what had happened that night was quite the spectacle. Everyone would be talking about it. But Nikita knew this wasn't just a mere coincidence. No, this was something more sinister. Nobody ever wins these tournament. Eternal Glory? That was a complete farce. People die during these games. This tournament is designed to test a wizard beyond their physical and magical limits. And Nikita would just have a front row seat to this.

The door opened, knocking Nikita out of her pondering. When it closed, she made her presence known. "Quite the show during dinner, don't you think?"

"What are you doing in my chamber, Ms. Riddle?" Professor Snape spoke in his dull voice.

"Ms. Riddle? I prefer Malik, but if you insist."

"It is not wise for you to be out of bed at this time."

"I'm sure. However, I rather not follow any rules at all."

"Why are you here, Ms. Riddle?"

"I was wondering your opinion of dinner." Nikita spoke with a grin etched across her face. She was only teasing Snape. But of course, he didn't need to know that.

"Do you know anything about it?!" Snape bellowed making Nikita smile larger, if possible.

"Oh, of course." Snape stomped his way over to his in a rush. But before he could pull his wand out she said, "The cake was absolutely dry tonight. Don't you agree?" Snape's face then displayed a gorgeous color of annoyance.

"Now is not the time."

"Oh, don't be foolish. It will never be the right time. Something is going on. And I don't know exactly what it is. And I know you don't either. So, I think we can help each other out."

"With what?"

"Harry Potter."

"What would you want with Harry Potter?"

"Its not professional. Its personal."

"Ms. Riddle, I think you are over stepping your boundaries."

"Severus, its late. I think I'm offering you a deal you won't be able to resist. However, if you think my motives aren't genuine then that is up to you."

"What would make me believe that your intentions are not unbecoming?" Severus asked. Nikita laughed darkly before getting up out of his seat. She walked over to the door before turning around and said, "You don't. Sometimes you just have to play the only cards you have."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikita had quickly learned the ins and outs of Hogwarts. The castle had some very peculiar twists and turns. And definitely housed some interesting creatures, including Dobby. She had heard so much about the House Elf that left the Malfoys. She had laughed when she heard. Finally Lucius' life was crumbling piece by piece and she knew she was absolutely going to enjoy the show.

Nikita and Ani sat in the library reading a book for her essay. Apparently schooling didn't stop while they were away from their school. Nikita sat quietly in her chair when a head of platinum blonde came within her vicinity with Blaise in tow. "Ms. Malik."

"Mr. Malfoy." Nikita said while writing.

"How are you this afternoon?"

"Perfectly well, I suppose."

"Well, the Slytherin's have made pins for Cedric Diggory." Draco pulled a pin out and Nikita looked at it. The pin was enchanted to show Cedric Diggory with a Cedric Diggory, true champion. Then the badge turned a vile green with Potter Stinks emblazoned on it. Nikita was not amused at the Hogwarts antics. To her it seemed a bit petty, all things considering. "Is that supposed to be funny?" Ani asked. Blaise turned her chuckling slightly before answering, "Why, yes. Yes, it is."