19 || Drive-By

𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

The sun shined bright outside, the birds are chirping, and underground the brothers, Splinter, and Osa are cleaning their old lair up.

Since the Foot totally ruined it, there is no point in living in it anymore.

Leonardo packed up his magazines, books, tea packages, and a few other things he packed away in a box.

Raphael loaded his own box with some dumbells, training sais, wraps, and his knitting needles. He can't go anywhere without those little bad boys.

Donatello is obviously going to take what he thinks he can repair. There are a few monitors from his computer wall that survived the damage, so did his science equipment and other office supplies.

Michelangelo stocked his drumsticks, videogame console, a few pieces of clothing and called it good.

Splinter chose to take a few weapons from the weapon's wall, and his old robe from ten years ago. As well as a fee cushions from the living room.

Osita didn't have anything to take with her other than that rubber chicken Mikey gave her. But what she could leave behind was that old Foot Soldier uniform she wore. She is wearing her own style of clothing which was very comfortable.

A green plaid shirt, jeans, stylish boots, and a few accessories to go with it. She held the old uniform in her hands and tossed it on the concrete floor where it will rot for the next hundred years.

She felt free.

Osa picked up what she could of the destroyed lair, recovering things that didn't get broken. She placed the items in a box and set them by the exit of the lair. Blankets, pillows, cans and jars of food, funny looking knick knacks, and other things she's never seen before.

She and the guys have been at this for three whole days without stopping and are nearly done gathering their belongings. Osa tossed in her rubber chicken and sighed deeply, wiping sweat off her face.

The girl ran her fingers through her short hair and smiled with her hands on her hips. "Another box, done." She said.

Donatello sets down a new box beside the one Osa finished. "Perfect." He says, hugging her from the side. "You know... I think we should go on a drive."

"Yeah?" She said.

"Yes." He nodded. "I heard April is reporting in Times Square. I'll get the guys." Don left Osa at the exit of the lair so he could go find his three brothers.

Osa crossed her arms, smirking, and looking to the sewer drains above her, hearing the traffic and people outside.

It does sound nice to get out of the lair.

****

April O'Neil has been put back to work, reporting the daily news and being the most attractive woman on Channel 6. That's probably why they rehired her... Not really. She is going to be on public television in a few minutes and started daydreaming about the events she was involved in a few days ago.

"Thinking about them again?" Vern came beside her.

April is leaning against the van, smiling and nodding. "Yeah." She says. "Can't stop thinking about them at all. I mean, we're friends with them and Rose-- Osa lives with them." She corrected herself.

"She's in good hands with those guys." Vern told her. "At least she's safe."

"You're right."

"Hey," Vern said, nudging her with his good arm since the other is injured. "Let's go. We're on in two minutes."

April followed Vern to the camera with her microphone and took in a deep breath. She's ready to start her job again and it'll begin with the two men behind the scenes of the attack.

She's under the sun in a gorgeously styled green coat with some jeggings and a t-shirt.

"Three, two..." Vern cued her to speak.

"Three days ago, New Yorkers would have called Eric Sacks a hero. But today, we know he is one of the greatest villians the city has ever faced. How were we so easily fooled and what can we learn from this tragedy? Maybe, the heroes aren't exactly you might expect them to be. They're not wealthy billionaires, they're not square-jawed comic book characters with flowing capes." She says, making Vern smile. "Heroes can be anyone. Like the vigilantes that saved the city. They were born in shadow, they live in shadow, they fight in shadow, and they always will." She says, taking a short breath.

"And NYPD officers and detectives have cracked the case to the 80 missing people. Eric Sacks, Shredder, and Foot Clan were behind all kidnappings and slayed the ones who were not of use for science experiments they were planning to proceed with. Our respects go out to the families who have lost their loved ones and that they will be remembered by Manhattan." April says, seeing Vern look up from his camera to see the turtle van drive by. Just a couple feet above it, a golden eagle soared, winking her eye at them both. April smiled and looks back at the camera. "This is April O'Neil with channel 6 news."

Vern shut off his camera and exchanges a grin for April's. They enjoyed the little drive-by the Brothers and Osa pulled off just now. "It's nice to know they're always around."

"Yeah." April said, holding her microphone to her chest. Just having those guys in her life made her feel like she would have the best friendship with them. Not because they are turtles and a shifter, but they unconditionally will love someone who befriends them.

****

Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ Nᴏᴛᴇ:

Gʀɪᴢᴢʏ: The scene of April reporting the news three days later is ACTUALLY the 'Extended Ending' of the 2014 movie!