1: The man and the ducks

"Alright. You have fun, Em." Jen nods, pulling the girl's jacket on her.

Emma was eyeing the man in the fedora, who stood conversing with Norman in the entryway.

Jen glanced over at the duo, then elbowed Emma.

"Hey, peanut, it's going to be great." She encourages her.

"But-"

"I promise, he wont bite." Jen interrupts, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Now go on. I'll see you later, alright?"

"Ok." Emma nods, she hugs Jen and walks over to the door.

Norman and the man stop talking, and the man in the fedora squats down.

"Well hello there, little lady." He nods, tipping his hat.

"Hello." Emma nods in return.

The man looks at her for a long moment, and then clears his throat and stands up.

"Right." He declares, clapping his hands together. "I believe an adventure is in order."

Emma visibly peeks up at the possibility of an adventure, and the corner of his mouth rises.

"Alright, goodbye." He says to her parents.

Emma waves and follows the man our of the door.

"Emma, this is Dembe, Dembe, Miss Emma." The man introduces them.

Emma looks up at the tall man and grins. "Hello."

"Hello down there!" The man answers.

"Are you taking us on an adventure?" Emma asks.

"Yes, that would be me." He nods smiling. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!" She nods.

"Alright, there you are." The first man nods as she scrambles into the car.

Dembe shuts the door, and the two stand there for a moment.

"Are you ready, Raymond?" He asks, clapping the man on the shoulder.

"As I'll ever be." He nods, and then promptly joins the girl in the back seat.

Dembe Zuma chuckles to himself, shutting the door behind him and going around the car to the driver's seat.