Come Get Me

Bucky rose on shaky legs, gasping for breath. In his hands he clutched two bloodied knives. His glare was murderous.

Steve had never been more scared or turned on.

Being ambushed by several HYDRA agents who had found their apartment wasn't how Bucky had pictured his day to go. To make things worse, his stash of guns had been misplaced after a recent cleaning. He silently cursed Steve for his recent tidying but there was nothing to be done about it now.

The tearing of bullets ripped through the air and Bucky flinched but otherwise didn't move. These agents were tense, acting on instinct more than training; unpredictable.

"Steve, you okay?" His voice was surprisingly steady; he was tempted to turn to look at his injured boyfriend, but couldn't risk getting caught off guard. He heard Steve move behind him, breathing a little too harsh for comfort.

"Yeah," Steve rasped.

Bucky nodded wordlessly and moved further into the apartment. It was silent, now. The smell of blood was heavy in the air; two of the agents lay dead on the floor.

He found the bullets buried in the wall across the room. Peering around the corner to the front of the apartment, the front door had three almost perfect holes through the wood.

Bucky tucked the knife haphazardly into his waistband and grabbed a gun off of one of the dead agents; a few shots left, good weight handgun but poor quality; HYDRA was falling behind in the 21st century. Still, it would get the job done.

He heard shuffling outside, trying to be muffled. He walked up to the door, raised the gun and fired twice through two of the holes; both made impact.

He said a silent prayer, hoping it wasn't the neighbor he'd just shot, and was answered by the door flying off its hinges as more agents rushed in.

The action happened quickly.

Bucky ducked the arm of one, swung around and grabbed their face, slamming his knee into their nose to break it.

Hopefully, since these agents were trigger-happy, they were easily startled by many things, such as vast amounts of blood. He could tell that the sight of their dead compadres was already having them nervous; nobody had to die if he could scare them off well enough.

He stopped dead in his tracks as the biggest agent pressed a gun to his head. "Winter Soldier?" His voice sounded strong, but forcibly calm; he too was scared.

Bucky tried to find a way to use that to his advantage. He turned slowly, raising his hands, didn't look scared.

"You're new," he noted to make conversation. "Or have we met? Meet so many *ssholes it's getting hard to tell them apart."

"Funny." The agent blinked. His grip on the gun didn't waver. "You always this charming or am I lucky?"

He glanced to the side to see Steve slowly coming around the corner, his arm wrapped tightly around his stomach. Bucky kept his eyes on the big agent.

The others weren't a threat; out of the three of them these two were obviously new. Perhaps HYDRA thought that their Winter Soldier would be easy to take home.

They were sorely mistaken.

In one movement Bucky grabbed the gun, twisted and kicked the agent's knee out. Steve tackled another and Bucky turned to the third.

The gun fired; with ringing ears, Bucky had moved just in time to avoid getting shot in the skull. With an agility Steve forgot Bucky had, the brunet jumped and tackled the agent with his thighs, bringing him to the ground and knocking him out with one punch.

Steve tried not to be distracted by his kickass boyfriend; he instead tried to focus on the fact that the agent was scrabbling for his dagger, had it pressed to Steve's throat.

Panting, Bucky rolled off and moved to help Steve subdue the third -- Steve wrapped the agent in a chokehold and held him there until the agent passed out.

All fell silent except for Steve's ragged breathing. He fell back against the floor, pressing a hand idly to his bloodied stomach. The fighting had made it worse; white flashes of pain almost made Steve black out.

Bucky kneeled gently at his side. "It's okay, someone's coming," he murmured, suddenly soft and gentle. His eyes still held the fury and fear of the very recent events but his voice was soft; concerned.

Steve could've laughed at the drastic difference if he could breathe without feeling like he was getting split apart. Minutes passed in a haze of blurriness and sharp to aching pain, that had Steve grimacing and shifting on the ground.

Bucky kept his hands over his stomach, eyebrows knitted with worry. "C'mon, babydoll, can you stay with me?"

Steve wordlessly nodded, teeth clenched against the pain. "You were-- awesome," he gasped through the sickening waves of nausea. Bucky tried to smile as he heard the faint roar of sirens.

"That's my job, baby," he said, trying to sound joking enough to keep Steve's attention, keep his glassy eyes fixed on him so he doesn't pass out. "Kick *ss."

"And-- an' ruin my -- carpet," Steve hissed, his chest seizing with every word. Tears leaked from his eyes and all Bucky wanted to do was make it better, but he couldn't.

He inhaled shakily and readjusted his grip, forcing himself to ignore the strong smell of blood, his adrenaline wanting to make him run away from all this. The feeling of holding Steve's blood in to make sure he doesn't die.

"I'll pay for the cleaners," he murmured and flashed a quick smile. "Okay?"

Steve exhaled and nodded, eyes fluttering closed.

////

Steve is fine after this btw :) I really liked taking a closer look at actual fights, I'm not very good at them normally but I kinda liked this one!