Chapter 18: Attempt

Start from the beginning

"This isn't the first time I clear my rules for you right, Coco?" Therefore, she inconvertible ask Coco after she hit Coco's face.

Immediately, Coco nods while jerking, unwanted to feel that again. Cruelty upon the smile of Ms. Venable becomes my reason to avoid her more. I wasn't right that I trust myself with a sadistic woman also a killer.

It's not a nice thing to like someone who hates everyone.

She sighs softly and taps her cane, ordering Ms. Mead to get Coco out of her vision. Dragging her out of my room which makes me alone with Ms. Venable.

I expect she will leave too but unexpectedly, she closes the door. I wasn't aware of her intention this time whereas she near herself at me. Turning her eyes to see how much I senseless in our state.

"You see? what I'm capable of handling misbehavior. Now, tell me if you spill up that fear you've had so I can diminish people in this place because of your self recklessness" then taps her cane while her surface going close to mine.

I shake my head before taking backward steps. She was focusing on my eyes, knowing how honest I could be with her question. If I could say to Coco about it without her threat, definitely we're safe from her hands.

However, this feeling was too much for Ms. Venable. She always producing tension in our conversation.

I gulp before I speak utterly at her.

"She's just inviting me to the lounge. I've been very busy last month that's why they noticed how devoid I am for them as their helper, Ms. Venable" I explain even if my voice vibrating for as much as the pressure she's giving for me.

As I explained my situation, her aggression runs in her hand. Causes my sudden jump, shocked about how she places her hand on my chin. Aggressively pulling it nears to her. Generate to look at each other presence. My heart beating fast by her lip forms a smug smile.

"Even you say that...your behavior comes very bad news for me so...I should see you. Tomorrow night...in my office" she motions her sight a bit, pointing down on my fabric. Her rough voice taking my breath away by some means.

This isn't right now for me to feel something about Ms. Venable.

My weaken eyes slowly blinking at her cold glare at me but she suddenly removes her hands from me easily. Turns her back on me then leaves a note.

"By the way, you're my servant. My. Only. Servant. You only serve for me and not those useless people" She emphasizes every word coming out from her lip before she shut the door closed, leaving me hanging in my confusion. Didn't expect this is going to be more...involute.

My heart still beating rapidly, understanding what is the reason for it.

I still like her.

This should be removed. I should get rid of this attachment thing I received for this dangerous woman who can kill everyone here. How can I do that without getting frail by her actions?

This is so distressing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day...

It's already night, knowing I will face a punishment I have. Technically, I'm already standing in front of her door. Feeling nervous again and fright what she's going to do to me this time. My past recollects where this started. At once, opening the door slowly. A remembrance that it will be reminiscing the beginning of my suffers by her hands.

"Right on time, (Y/N)"

Her way of closing the threshold. Creaking and creaking. Louder than the crackling of the woods of her fireplace. Usual her place was quiet more than mine. It's serene, certainly.

Therefore, my head went run again to my curling thoughts. Blanked how Miss Venable's palm unexpected holds my shoulder behind me. Reluctant to sends an exact reaction for it.

She moves so quicker than me, easy for her to pushes my body to low. Kneel slowly while her hand swaying in front of my shoulder. Acknowledge that she's position herself in front of me. My mind still on the blank page, not responding to this event then she hits the floor.

"Close your eyes" but with the words of her command. I immediately follow it, not breaking any concentration.

This is an outrageous perception. A manipulation I recognized.

I feel Ms. Venable's hand touches the back of my head. Putting a fold on me, covering my eyes closed. Unable to see her face and her doing work me anxious. I breathe heavily shows how nervous I am, blindfolded.

Revealingly, this thing gives me trembles in my bones.

"This is much better" I jump a little when her voice near my right ear. Guessing she's leaning towards me that makes me feel uncomfortable again that I could even hold my heart causes by my sudden frightened reaction.

And everything becomes more than before. Unusual but it looks... relieved.

Initiate by the stroke of her cane on the ground. Leaving the sound of the discipline to become one of her trustworthy servants. A remarkable pleasure.

Before she starts the process of proper condemns for me. She mumbles for a moment. Thinking it's just my illusion, hearing her voice and words inaccurate from what Ms. Venable I've known.

"You deserve better, (Y/N)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry, it took a lot of days to publish it. Enjoy reading again and voting again. Have a safe day, guys. (^ ^")