How It Began

Hello! Sorry It's a short chapter but this Is sorta the backstory so I didn't want to make it that long. Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

All I could remember of that day was the horror on everyone's faces and the screams as titans started to devour everyone. The lively village I once knew, now decorated with the blood of my people made me sick to the bone.

I lived in a tiny village along the outskirts of the island, completely isolated from everyone inside the wall. The large mass of titans outside the wall posed a threat to us, so the gods gifted us the ability to shift into a titan. This ability has been passed down from generations to protect everyone in the village. I was just a little girl when I first saw it, a big 20 meter titan covered from head to toe in crystal. I've always wanted to be able to fight titans like the way all the others had before so I vowed to train hard. For the past 6 years I've been training to become the next holder of the crystal titan. Until everything went downhill.

It was a cold day and the winds were strong. I was out doing hand to hand combat training with Conner, my best friend when it happened. The loud pitched scream could be heard from a mile away. The look on everyone's face was pure horror as a 10 meter titan was seen eating a woman who looked to be in her mid 20's. By the time I snapped back to reality the whole village was surrounded by titans. My vision blurred with tears as I ran through the blooded streets trying to find a place to hide. I ducked into a still standing house and made my way to the basement, standing in the corner trying to be as quiet as possible, tears staining my cheeks. An hour later I peeked out a window right above me to find all of the titans gone and only half eaten corpses and pools of blood everywhere. I made my way outside a shocked and scared look on my face trying to see if there was anyone else that survived. But nothing. All I saw was a man with black hair standing at the entrance to the village mortified. The man then saw me standing there with anger etched onto my face. This man was supposed to protect the village and he let everyone die. All he did was walk up to me, take out a syringe he had in his bag and say something I didn't really understand at the time, " Don't let anyone know of this titan ability or you will be in danger" and with that everything turned dark.