“You coming to snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I’m pretty sure that it’s safe to set me free.” I say quietly. He doesn’t say anything as he throws a tiny vial of blood through the bars. “Oh man, really? You practically bled me dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I’m thirsty.”

Stefan continues to give me the silent treatment as he walks away from the door. I roll my eyes, but I notice him walking back and placing a bottle of water between the bars.

“Not exactly what I had in mind.” I groan, standing up and walking over to grab the water bottle.

“Hello, mate.” I see Klaus standing on the other side of the door, looking at me.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I scoff.

“Babysitting.” Klaus says with a smile.

“Oh.” I roll my eyes.

“Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn’t desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again.” Stefan instructs Klaus.

“Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot?” I ask before turning to Klaus. “He’s still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena.”

“You sure about that?” Klaus asks with an entertained smile. “Because I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah’s bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he’s moved on.” 

Stefan sighs and I can’t help laughing a little bit. “Well, well. Looks like my brother ripped out a page from my revenge-sex handbook.”

“Well, why don’t you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I’ll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah.” Stefan says coldly before walking up the steps.

ASHLEY’S POV

When Elena called Bonnie to figure out what her father is doing at his new position, Bonnie was freaking out. Apparently, Bonnie was attacked by Kol at the school. She was able to use magic to fight him off, but this is not a good sign.

I quickly call Stefan as I stand in the hallway of Elena’s house.

He answers and I’m about to talk when he beats me to it. “Damon’s fine.” He says right away. I knew calling him would be a little awkward after last night, but I wasn’t planning on him being this bitter.

“That’s not why I called.” I say shyly. “Kol tried to kill Bonnie.”

“What? Is she okay?” He asks urgently.

“Yeah, she’s just shaken up. She managed to hold him off, but Kol seems pretty intent on murdering everyone who’s looking for that cure.” I warn Stefan.

“Yeah, Klaus has me trying to convince Rebekah to give up her dagger so he can take care of Kol.” He tells me.

“I don’t want to just dagger Kol. I want Jeremy to kill him.” I say and Stefan doesn’t say anything at first.

“What did you just say?” He asks for clarification and I hear his motorcycle engine revving up in the background.

“Bonnie has all this crazy new power. She thinks she can hold him long enough for Jeremy to get a clean shot.” I explain further.

“And then what, huh?” He asks. “Klaus and Rebekah will kill everyone of us out of spite. They may be dysfunctional bickering lunatics, but they stick together no matter what.”

“That’s why you need to find the dagger and use it on Rebekah.” I explain the other part of the plan that Elena, Bonnie, and I have been concocting. “She can’t come looking for revenge is she’s lying in a box.”