Chapter 12

ASHLEY'S POV

I’m making my way around Elena’s kitchen, trying to get things cleaned up when the phone rings.

“Where are you?” Bonnie asks me as soon as I answer. She’s taking Caroline’s place at the decade dance prep and she wanted some help, but I’m a little busy.

“I’m at Elena’s, but she just left to come help you.” I tell her. Elena and I basically flipped a coin to decide who would stay here. “Trust me, I’d rather be helping you guys, but I have to be here. Jeremy’s under house arrest because Kol wants to kill him, and Klaus wants to take him on some vampire slaying road trip. And since neither of them are invited in, it’s the only place that’s safe.” I explain.

“Why does it sound like you’re under fire?” Bonnie asks as I walk into the living room and pick up a bag of chips from the ground.

“Apparently this is a fraternity house now.” I joke as Matt and Jeremy stay focused on their video game and ignore me cleaning around them.

“I’m training.” Jeremy says loudly over the volume of the game.

“Me too.” Matt chimes in and I smile.

“Train yourself to do some dishes, and put these weapons away before Elena comes home and someone uses them against her.” I say pointing at the crossbow.

Matt just gives me a thumbs up, but they both stay where they are. I roll my eyes and walk back into the kitchen.

“Well, it’s hard for me to look forward to this dance while Caroline’s helping Tyler and you're trapped at the house.” Bonnie says sadly.

“I know, I’m sorry. But Elena should be there soon.” I say, throwing some more trash away. “Listen, I have a plan to end all of this. I want Jeremy to kill Kol.”

“You want Jeremy to kill an Original? Does Elena know that?” She asks unsurely.

“Yeah, I told her about it this morning. Think about it. Kol’s sire line must stretch to the moon by now. If Jeremy kills Kol, every vampire that he’s ever turned, not to mention everyone that they’ve turned, will die, which means the hunter’s mark will be complete and we’ll have our key to finding the cure.” I explain and Bonnie’s quiet for a minute.

“Okay.” She finally says. “Elena just walked in. I’ll grab her and we’ll come back to you. Do you think Caroline will notice if there’s only 89 red balloons?” She asks.

“Actually, probably yes.” I say with a laugh.

***

I’m still cleaning the kitchen when Elena walks into the room.

“Hey, where’s Bonnie?” I ask.

“She was gonna blow up a couple more balloons and then meet me here.” Elena says as she walks over to the sink.

She turns the water on and jumps back, gasping as her skin burns.

“Elena?” I ask and she looks at me with a strange face. “What happened?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugs. “There’s something in the water.”

“Vervain.” I whisper as Elena pulls her phone out. I know that she’s calling Bonnie because Bonnie’s dad has taken over the position of town mayor.

He would be the one responsible for this whole thing.

DAMON’S POV

I’ve been sitting here, in this cellar, staring off into space for a while now. Finally, I hear footsteps and I lift my head slightly to see Stefan behind the bars of the window.

Humanity 4 "The Rivalry"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें