Chapter 9 - The Throne

Start from the beginning

Elzabeth : Yeah.

They walk to the other door across the room, and open the door. It leads to a path which they continue walking down, and then it leads another room. They open the door, and it leads to the actual throne. A disheveled man sits on it, his skin is black and wrinkled. His eyes are void of life and his beard is falling out. Yet he props himself up, grabbing hold of his scepter and pointing at Elzabeth and Vetri.

Ledric : You are a Kingslayer, aren't you. One of you were finally strong enough to come to this place. You stand at your final battle.

Elzabeth : I have nothing. What am going to fight with?

Ledric : Your words, Kingslayer. Trust me, leave this place once you kill me. Ignore the witch. She still lives, waiting to see what you do. She wants to see humanity die.

Elzabeth : Is she not human as well?

Ledric : She is not. Haven't you seen it in her eyes. Her soul. Her very actions scream that she is a monster. You never listen to goblins, beasts. A witch... is no different.

Elzabeth : How much longer?

Ledric : I will die when it wants me to. It is probably waiting for you to kill me. Do not give it the satisfaction. Your friend... he is close.

Elzabeth : Vetri?

Vetri : It's true. Everything is starting to look pale. Don't worry about me, yeah? You've... got this. For her.

Vetri sits on the platform the throne is on.

Elzabeth : This is... truly the end then?

Ledric : A pitiful one, no? Had I wished I never cursed the queen that day. Hugged my son, and watched my daughter marry that day. There is... regret. Tell me. Was this preventable? Was this just coming for us? Was this done by Albea?

Elzabeth : I don't think so. We were only tricked. To start what seems would become an endless cycle.

Ledric : How so?

Elzabeth : You said they wait for me to kill you? I assume I would take your place, and another Kingslayer would come and take my place, and so on.

Ledric : I see. Do you have children? A wife?

Elzabeth : I planned to marry a Gorgon, by the name of Seraphelle.

Ledric : Ah. I remember her. Her family had visited the castle before, as Lerenotia was more welcoming of them than anyone. Do you know of the ancient dragons?

Elzabeth : A bit. Dragons that roamed the lands before any human first appeared.

Ledric : We... had one. As a symbol. Erros. The Dragon of Valor.

Elzabeth : My family uses Phyrra as our last name. I heard around here that is one of these dragons. It is also one of our gods and goddesses.

Ledric : Oh? Where do you hail from? Albea? No...

Elzabeth : The Western Clans.

Ledric : You seem to be one of their finest men. What is your full name?

Elzabeth : My name now is Elzabeth Phyrra.

Ledric : What was your name before?

Elzabeth : I'm unsure. It had started with an A.

Ledric : A peculiar feminine name though. Close to Elizabeth here.

Elzabeth : Its how we dictate the dominant in society. If a female deals the final blow, it is likely that females will become more dominant in our society.