Chapter 4: Four Days Left

Start from the beginning

"Give it time, some people are busy or just need space, im sure they will get back to you."

God she was innocent as hell "Yeah" 

"Sir, you're father has requested Madam Resin and yourself." 

"Yes thank you Clinton tell my father we will be down in a minute" 

I sighed grabbed my stuff asked her if she was done and I placed them in the sink. I motioned for her to join me and she did, she stayed at my side the entire time. From the corner of my eye I could see her playing with the ends of her hair and biting her fingernails. I gave her a swift shoulder tap, she looked at me and shyly put her hands down, she placed her hands together and started making an air ball. What is her deal? How can she do this?

We arrived at my fathers study and Clinton opened the door for us, sitting at his desk my father with my mother at his said and they were speaking to Mr. and Mrs. Resin with the monitor open, which only means that they have the whole council on the line. Her parents opened a seat for her in between them and I stood standing still in the middle of the room. 

"Son please sit down." My father stated 

"No Im good, id rather stand." I shuffled my hands into my pockets and stood watching him, he wasn't going argue in front of everyone and he could tell I was nervous 

"Alpha Williams, what a pleasure to see you, what brings you to call us today?" Councilmen Terr responded 

"Good evening Councilmen and women, It has brought to my attention my son William has found his mate last night." 

"That is wonderful news! We should start detailing for the royal exchange!" 

My father sat up straighter and looked at Mr. Resin "Well you see there is one small problem" 

"And what seems to be the problem?" Councilwomen Flen spoke with a harsh tone 

"My son's mate happens to be the youngest daughter of the councilman Mr. Resin" 

A hush tone lingered and whispers were around and soon it was quiet, unbearably quiet "How is that possible?" 

Mr. Resin spoke up "My wife and I have no idea, but it is true they are mates" 

I stood there getting more and more angry "Why is it such a big deal that she is my mate?"

 My father looked up at me and back to the monitor "His wolf almost tore out of his human body last night because of the mating bond. We were all witnesses to it and he has the scares to prove it." 

I growled but before I could say anything my father spoke "We have just four days left gentlemen my son has found a mate and he will become the next King. This is the term we have layed out for generations and he has pulled through on the deal. Make preparations for four days from now and we will have a new King!" 

The monitor turned off, everyone was looking at my father then at me then at my mate "Does he know what I am?" My mate said looking at the ground 

I am now confused "He doesn't sweetie" My mother spoke softly 

My mate looked at me then at her palms, her parents gave her a soft look and ushered her to me. She took my hand and lead me outside. I am extremely more confused than I was before, we walked outside and our hands broke apart, that hurt. She stood right in front of me and backed up a little bit, she took off my sweater, which made me even more confused because I didn't give her my sweater, which means she took the one off of my bed and wore. She looked so good in it, but then she started to levitate.