New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /11/

Start from the beginning

"I don't have the guts, huh? You know it's been a long time since I saw you two last. And if I remember correctly, you guys jumped me outside of the bar. So...." My eyes widened ever so slightly, as he walked to the wall, and pulled down what looked like a blade.

Nick glared at me, and I shrugged. Shit, was not expecting him to get that. He walked back towards us, and I sent Nick a reassuring nod. "Now what were you saying? Ah yes, something about me being an ugly son-of-a-bitch." The cell door opened, as he stood in the entrance.

I swallowed hard. "You too big of a bitch to fight without a weapon? I should have figured you'd need the extra help." I retorted, and with a loud clunk he tossed the blade to the ground.

"I'm going to enjoy kicking your asses." He spat, and in the blink of an eye he was charging at us. Good thing Nick and I had this planned out already.

With one swift movement, Nick grabbed onto him tightly, as I sent a harsh blow to his face. He staggered back for a minute, and that's when I brought my foot up, striking him in the chest. Disoriented, and tried to swing back, and managed to elbow Nick in the face. I hear him curse in annoyance, as Nick sent his face plummeting into the wall.

He slammed down, his body hitting the ground. I watched him for second, making sure he was knocked out. Just to assure he was, I sent a harsh kick into him, and he remained still.

"I think we're good." I murmured, as Nick glared at me.

"That prick hit me in the face. That'd better not leave a mark or I'm going to be pissed." He complained, as he rubbed where he got elbowed.

"We need to hurry up, I don't know how long until Marcus will wake up, or someone else shows up. We need to find Melinda." I stated, as I reached down and picked up the blade. "Lock the cell."

Nick nodded, as he shut it on Marcus. "Sleep tight douche bag." He said with a chuckle, as he shoved the key in his pocket. "Let's hurry up and get the hell out of here. I've made a lot of enemies over the years, and I'm fairly certain 98% if them are somewhere in this mansion."

I sighed. "Of course you have, you're a jackass Nick." He looked offended for a second, but then laughed.

"Yeah, I kind of am. Let's go." Without another word, we headed up the staircase, as I clutched the blade I was holding tightly.

Now all we have to do is find Melinda.

Somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How long are you going to stare at me like that?" Jace asked me slowly, as his dark eyes pierced my own. I gulped slightly, as I managed to tear my gaze away from his. "Oh come on, don't be upset. Those two have had it coming for a while, I assure you."

I frowned heavily. "P-please don't kill them. I beg you. They don't deserve to be punished because of me." I said, fear evident in my voice. Jace simply stared at me, as if searching my eyes for something.

"Now what exactly would I get in return, if I do....spare them?" He questioned with a hint of intrigue. "You realize what they did was a major crime against not only me, but my kingdom. What exactly will I get if I choose to spare them?"

I gulped. "I-I don't know. I don't know what you---want." I answered him, and he let out a faint chuckle. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Oh Melinda, you know exactly what I want."

I slowly shook my head back and forth. "A-and what would that be?" I mustered up enough courage to ask him.

I immediately jerked back, when Jace suddenly appeared right in front of me. My eyes slowly met his, as our gaze locked. "You. I want you, Melinda."