New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /13/

"You talk in your sleep." Nick's words brought me back to reality, as I shook my head. I stood there silently, as I furrowed my brows. "Last night, you were talking in your sleep. And I must say, it was pretty interesting to hear."

I could feel my cheeks drain of color. Oh my gosh. What if I accidentally said....Jace's name out loud? I mean after all I was...dreaming about him. What if I said something that Nick heard?

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered, and immediately cursed. I look guilty. I cleared my throat. "I mean, what did I say that was so interesting?" I rephrased carefully.

Nick smirked, as he took another sip of what he was drinking. I have a deep nagging feeling that it's....blood. I shuddered slightly at the thought. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He replied with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Nick if you're going to act immature then just forget it. I don't even want to know." I retorted, irritated.

He let out a loud chuckle. "Well maybe you don't want to know, but I'm sure our buddy Caleb would." My eyes widened slightly at this. "If only I could remember who's name you were saying last night. Hmm....who could it have possibly been?"

I glared. "Nick shut up." I said, as I gritted my teeth. "You don't even know what you're talking about."

"Well, someone's a little defensive. Why's that?" I could tell he was getting a lot of amusement out of seeing me squirm. "Oh, I think I know. It's because you must have been having a pretty juicy dream."

I gulped, trying and failing miserably to keep a strong poker face. "Screw you." I stated, as I attempted to walk by. He put his arm out, blocking me. I narrowed my eyes. "Nick, move."

"Calm down sparky, I'm just messing with you. I won't tell Caleb you said....Jace's name last night." I let out a small sigh of relief. "Under one condition." He finished. I frowned. I should have known I wouldn't get off that easy.

"And what's this condition, Nick?" I asked, exasperated.

A crooked smirk surfaced on his face, and I immediately groaned. Oh god what is he going to try and get me to do? I don't even want to know. "Well, Caleb and Amelia are really starting to bug me. So....I propose we get them back. A little."

"And how do you propose we do that?" I questioned aloud.

"Pretend that you like me." He stated simply. I gave him a surprised look, which made him chuckle. "Oh come on Melinda, that wouldn't be hard. I mean look at me, I'm pretty irresistible." I rolled my eyes.

"Plus it would really piss Caleb off, seeing as he likes you." I was about to object. "Shut it. He does and you know it. And Amelia would get mad because Caleb would be jealous. It's a win-win scenario."

I opened my mouth to say something, but then closed it. I mean, it would be kind of funny seeing Caleb...jealous. Even though I'm not so sure I agree with Nick. I don't think he likes me. I just feel as though he sees me as some commitment he has to complete.

And Amelia, well I honestly don't like her. She's all over Caleb, and quite frankly I think she's a bit of a bitch.

"What would I have to do?" I found myself saying. Nick smirked devilishly, and I couldn't help but smile a little myself.

"When Caleb comes downstairs, just play along, alright?" He asked, as he finished drinking whatever he had. "Today's going to be a good day. I can't wait to see his face."

I sat there, and once I heard the sound of footsteps, Nick sprang into action. In the blink of an eye, he was sitting beside me on the couch. I was surprised at how fast he moved.