New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /23/

*I am SO sorry I have not updated. I have been so busy with college work, finding a job, AND I have been busy working on a novel. I am hoping to get it published one day when I'm finished! :) But I will be updating this story far more, and to make up for not doing so I have made this chapter extra long. I absolutely love this one, and I hope you all do to. It really does inspire me to hear feedback and comments, so I hope you do! Tell me what you think, and I will be updating far more! It really does inspire me, so let me know! :)

                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Melinda! Can you hear me? Oh god please answer me…” Everything seemed fuzzy, as I blinked in an attempt to keep my eyes open. The music had now stopped, but I could hear the humming of voices. My ears began to slowly ring, and my hands started to feel numb.

“Why would you do that? You’re so stupid…” He breathed, as he clutched me closer to his chest.

My throat was dry, as I swallowed hard. “I…needed to save…you.” I managed to get out, as his figure became blurry once more. I tried to focus on his face, but his features were getting distorted.

He gazed around anxiously. “Someone get some god damn help! Now!” He ordered, as his eyes landed back on me. His expression softened, as he leaned forward and gently stroked my cheek. “You’re going to be alright. I promise.”

My eyes felt heavy, as I rested them for a moment. As I did, I was shaken roughly, and opened them back up. “Don’t you dare close your eyes; help is going to be here soon. Please Melinda…I…need you.” I heard him admit softly.

I looked up at him, surprised by his words. It was becoming harder and harder to focus. “I…love you. And I’d…do it again.” A sharp pain shot through me, as I let out a cry. His eyes widened with sadness, as he lifted me into his arms.

“I’m going to save you Melinda, I promise.” He whispered. I shut my eyes, as the pain began to slowly subside. I was starting to lose consciousness. “I love you.”

With those final words, the world around me darkened, as I my vision was filled with a burst of light and then…nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24 Hours Earlier

“Cameron?!” I could barely comprehend what I was seeing. My ex-boyfriend was shackled to the wall, his face heavily bruised and lip bleeding. He was shirtless, and I could see small marks on his body.

I had expected him to be just as shocked and bewildered to see me as I him, but that was not the case. Instead, he simply smirked at me. “Hey there, Mel.”

I swallowed hard. “What are you…how are you here? Why?

He licked his lips, as he attempted to shrug. Clearly this must have been painful, because he began to cough. “Oh Melinda, there’s a lot you don’t know about. A lot.

I gazed at Jace for a moment, still confused as to what was going on. “Melinda, this…disgusting rat is a vampire hunter. He killed one of my own. And for this, he must pay.”

I brought my hand up to my mouth, in shock. “Cameron…what? How?”

He lifted his head slightly, his eyes digging into mine. “I would love to explain…in private. Make the leeches leave.”

Jace stepped forward, clearly unhappy with his choice of words. I grasped his arm, holding him back. “No Jace, it’s okay. Please just let me have a few minutes alone with him.” He didn’t seem convinced. My eyes softened. “He won’t do anything, trust me.”