New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /3/

"So you're going, right?" Gwen questioned, and I sighed, as I slammed my locker shut. "I mean this party is going to be amazing. And you'll just sit at home tonight anyways Mel."

I rolled my eyes. "Look, it's not that I don't want to go. But I know for a fact that Cameron and all his little dumbass friends will show up. And I don't feel like dealing with their crap." I stated, as I turned to look at her.

She let out a groan. "You know you're just trying to find an excuse not to go. Come on Melinda, do it for me! I don't want to go if you don't." She added, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Great. She was playing the "I'm not going if you don't" card.

Nice play.

I was about to open my mouth, when I saw Mr. Turner leaving his classroom. I stared at him, for some reason not being able to pull my eyes away.

He locked up the classroom door, obviously ignoring the giggles and hound of girls all around him. Checking him out. Being all.....obsessive about him. Well....I am SO not one of those girls.

I shook my head, snapping me out of my gaze. Just as I did, I felt someone watching me this time. I stole a glance, and I saw that Mr. Turner was looking right at me.

Staring dead back.

I blinked, and felt someone shake me. "Mel! Damn I've been talking to you girl! What are you---oh! I see!" She said with a smirk, as she followed my gaze.

I knew she saw him, and I felt my cheeks heat up. "You were checking him out!" She all but screamed. I smacked her, narrowing my eyes.

"Can you not announce it to the whole student population?" I snapped. "And no, I wasn't "checking" him out. He's a teacher Gwen!" I exclaimed, as I started to walk away from her. She quickly followed behind.

"I so saw you, so don't try to deny it! You think he's hot, just like the rest of us." She said, and I groaned as I pushed the office doors open. The warm air welcomed me, as I stopped.

"If I agree to this party, will you please stop bugging me about Mr. Turner?" I questioned, staring at her.

She smirked, and stroked her chin as if in thought. "Yes. So you're coming!! Yay!" She cheered, hugging me. "This is going to be so much fun! I have to go home and change! I'll text you the address!"

And with that, she happily skipped towards her car, obviously pleased with herself. I sighed. "What have I gotten myself into?"

After I drove home, I was greeted by an empty house.

As usual.

I grabbed an apple, as I moved into the living room and plopped down on the couch. Flipping on the t.v., I stopped on the news.

"Local officials have discovered the body of a 19-year-old woman early yesterday. The identity of the victim is still unknown, but it was said she had been there for about a week. The cause of death appears to have been a stabbing, due to the massive loss of blood forensics have stated."

I made a face, as I turned the volume up. "This has been the third body found within the last 2 months. All of which have been young women. In other news, there was a missing....."

I turned it off, as I set my apple down. The third body? Damn who would stab someone to death? That's so---horrible. I shivered a little, thinking about how that must have...felt. Hopeless. Despair.

It's such a terrible way to go.

I stood up, deciding I'd better go upstairs and change.

When I got up to my room, I faced my closet, having no idea what I should wear. I put my Muse cd on, as I searched through my crap load of clothes.