New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /16/

Jace stared at me, as I attempted to advert his gaze. I didn’t know what to say or do, and I certainly was not about to chat with him, as if nothing has happened. Truth is, I am absolutely petrified of what is to come. He hasn’t spoken to me, and now he’s leading me to some room where he more than likely is waiting to kill me.

“Are you hungry?” His voice shot me back to reality, as all my thoughts seemed to dissolve. I looked up for a moment, our eyes locking for an instant. “I assume you are, so let’s go to the dining room where we can discuss matters privately.”

I swallowed hard, as I nodded my head. “Sure. I have a lot of questions for you.” He let out a soft chuckle as I said this.

“Of course you do. Now come on, follow me.” His whole house---no, mansion more like it was complex, and I pray to god I never get lost in it. It has a real Victorian feel to it, yet is modern. The decoration and architect was wonderful, and there were stunning paintings and artifacts all around. Although it does have a rather dark feel to it.

Though I despise the man, I must admit that he has immaculate taste.

We came to a pair of large oak doors, which I can only assume leads to the dining room. He opened them, and revealed a grand maple table already set with gorgeous brass candlesticks laid out, as well as a large vase of red roses. A stunning chandelier loomed above, as we stopped.

My eyes flicked over to Jace, as I gave him a skeptical look. “Were you expecting me?” I finally questioned to him.

He laughed lightly. “Of course not. Can’t a man eat in style?” He retorted with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him. “But please, have a seat Melinda. We really do need to talk.”

Hesitantly I obeyed, as he pulled out my chair. Slowly I sat down, as he took his own seat at the head of the table. “I hope you like filet mignon, it’s always been a favorite of mine.” As if on cue, a man wearing a white apron approached the table holding to plates.

He must have been around 35, as he set the dishes in front of us. Bowing, he excused himself. “Is he a servant of yours or something?”

Jace nodded his head. “Yes, I have many servants Melinda. Seeing as I am the most powerful man in the land. They kind of come with the job.” He replied with a sly smirk. “Now I hope it’s cooked the way you like it, some people are so picky when it comes to their food.

I stared down at my plate, then back up at him. “Jace this all fine and dandy, but why don’t you cut to the chase. Why am I here? Why do you want me? I’m tired of the games.”

He cut a piece of his steak, taking a bite. “Mmm. Delicious.”

I shook my head. “I mean it, I want to know what’s going on. I deserve to know. I left with you, without knowing what you’re going to do to me. So please Jace, just be honest with me. It’s the least you can do.”

He set his fork down. “Well first, you should know just how special you are. I mean, I have been waiting for….”

“So long for you, and now that I finally have you I won’t let you go.” I finished for him. “Sound about right? I get it, I’m special. But why? What am I to you?”

Jace chuckled. “I like you Melinda, you’re feisty. I admire that in a woman. You’re important to me, because you hold a great deal of gifts.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Gifts? What do you mean by that?”

“I mean you are the one I have been waiting for. You are in a prophesy, and we are going to fulfill it.” I stared at him in confusion. “There is a story, a legend, that talks about a human that will bring forth a new beginning.”