Because...?

Clara's POV

It was a brand new day! It's the Second day of school, and another day closer to the last. I have a feeling that today is going to be a wonderful da-

"Claraaaaa," someone banged on my door.

Oh no.

I completely forgot about what happened last night, and the fact that I still have to face my brothers!

After last night, I only left my room once, and that was to get water. If it weren't for the granola bar I had in my lunch box, I probably would have starved the whole night, considering I didn't eat much yesterday.

I think my plan is getting myself ready, then just packing whatever food I'm able to, and then getting the heck out of here, saying that Lisa is picking me up.

Ding!

Huh? Who could that be from? I checked my phone to figure out who messaged me.

It was Seth.

Hey! Need a ride? I can swing by your house and get you. I'm only 15 minutes away!

How did he figure it out that I didn't want to do much with my brothers? Is he psychic? I responded with "yes" and then changed my plans. I can get ready in 12 minutes, then pack food and then head outside. Perfect!

Let's do this!

*****

Let's just say, my plan didn't go well.

When I walked down stairs, ALL my brothers were there. No one went to work, no one dropped of Andrew, and no one left for school. I tried turning around, then thinking about climbing out of my window, but then Colton grabbed my arm.

"Colton, let go of me!" I yelled.

"Clara, please listen to me! I am-" Colton started, but I interpreted.

"No, Colton. I already heard you last night. I am too emotional for your liking. I am so annoying even though everyday, you're always asking me for stuff, you're always up my butt, and you're never thankful for all that I've done for you. Call me dramatic; call me emotional and annoying, but remember that I have done more for you than I've done for myself. Go ahead and apologize, but I wont forgive you until something changes," I exploded.

Colton just looked at me dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say, and I was okay with that. I yanked my arm out of his grasp, went to the kitchen to grab some food, and then left the house without another word while my brothers just stood there, confused on what to do or say.

As I was walking out, I saw a face that I was more than happy to see.

Seth!

But through my peripheral vision, I saw a shadow I have never seen in my area before. When I snapped my head, it was gone. I was confused, but then decided to just keep walking towards Seth's car. I opened the door to the back seat.

"Good morning, Clara! This is my mom, Sandra! Mom, this is-"

"The girl you're always talking about! My, she is pretty! You sure have a good eye, son! It's nice to meet you, Clara!" Sandra says. I giggle as I witness Seth blushing.

"Mom, please don't say that," Seth harshly whispered. He's so cute when he's flustered.

"What? Can I not state the facts? She's pretty!" Mrs. Cornings stated.

Now its my turn to blush. "Thank you," I say, while looking down. Seth's mom starts driving to school.

" So Clara, sweetie, what do you think about the school so far? I know that today is your second day, but do you like it?" Ms. Cornings questions.