1-18

December 28, 2019

December 28, 2019

BASHAR

"Sorry I couldn't pick you up, papa," Eva mumbled over the phone. "Don't worry about it, I'm already in the car. I'll call you when I get there."

I glanced at the Uber driver, a lil uncomfortable speaking in the car. Once Eva hung up, my eyes turned to the car windows, taking in the night sky. This will be my first time leisurely staying in London. Each time I came here, I had back to back performances and an immediate flight back home.

After contemplating the matter for a while, I decided to visit for some fun. Plus, I missed Eva more than I'd like to admit. Tonight would be the first time I stepped foot into her apartment and her most private life.

The car ride was a little long, but eventually, I made it. As I stepped out the car, I took in the tall buildings, shining lights, filled streets, and empty sky. A lot of people idolized cities like London, but in reality, it wasn't much different from a city like New York.

"BASHAR!" Eva yelled across the street. Mugging her, I walked towards the building, heading inside the doors she held open. "Why you yelling my name like that? You crazy?"

"Relax. Yo opps not checking for you over here," she smiled. I didn't answer, taking in her brown dress. It fell to her ankles and, due to its large size, it swallowed her whole. "You gon' make me initiate contact again ba ba? This is getting out of hand," she teased.

Smirking, I thumbed her pouting lips before moving to wrap my hand behind her neck. "Shut up," I said before placing a small kiss on her lips. "You gon' take me up or nah?"

"Oops. I almost forgot where we was," she joked, pulling my hand. I trailed my suitcase behind me, lowkey tired of pulling it everywhere.

Opening her apartment door, Eva started to ramble. "Areum went to Ayu's place. They're probably gonna go out. It's only neat in here cause she helped me clean before she left–I ain't even gon' lie. Also, I don't cook so please don't be hungry. After that, make yourself at home."

I nodded, taking in the place. Over the past months, I had seen the whole thing from top to bottom because Eva always insisted on Facetiming. I wasn't surprised to see the bits of whites, greys, and blacks sprinkled into the decoration.

I was unusually awkward while trying to settle my things. A part of me felt like I was invading her space. Placing my suitcase in her bedroom was more intimate than I would've anticipated.

Shaking off the nerves, I turned to see Eva lounging on her bed. The brown dress curled around her, enveloping her as she curled into a ball. "What you wonna do? I woke up early so I'm a little tired. Sorry if I'm being a dry host."

"You look tired. You been working too much?" I asked, slipping my hoodie off. Eva tended to overwork herself, often drowning in the thralls of her career. Recently, I had been doing the same, so I noticed and connected with her exhaustion.