Chapter 3 - Beating Regret, Heartless Sorrow - Class Trial Opening

Before Monokuma even told us too, we all entered the trial room. This had become a routine for us, even if I didn't want to believe it.

"Ok, ok. Everyone's here? Great!" Monokuma rechecked to see if we had all arrived. It's not like he would've let us skip the trial anyway.

"Hey, Monokuma," Arashi spoke up, breaking the silence among us. "Could you...maybe take those down?"

"Huh? Take what down?"

"You know, the portraits."

It was hard to not notice the new death portraits standing on their respective stands. There were three in total: one for Arisu, one for Tama, and one for Ichika.

 There were three in total: one for Arisu, one for Tama, and one for Ichika

"And why would I ever take them down? They have the right to enjoy this trial even from beyond the grave! I'm sure they'd find it rude that you wouldn't want them here

"And why would I ever take them down? They have the right to enjoy this trial even from beyond the grave! I'm sure they'd find it rude that you wouldn't want them here." Monokuma replied, shaking his head.

"Why do you want to take them down, Arashi?" I asked.

"Uh...Well, " she came up to me and whispered into my ear. "He's having kind of a hard time. I just wanna make things a bit better."

She subtly pointed to Gin's direction. He was busy fiddling his fingers while staring at Tama's portrait. It looked like he was so focused that he wasn't even aware of what was happening around him.

"Oh..." I nodded, finally understanding what she meant. "Yeah, it would be best to take them down."

"Well too bad! No means no. Deal with it." the bear responded.

"Just suck it up. They are dead. There's nothing you can do about it."  Toshiro said.

"Hey, hey. Wait a sec, what happened to his get up?" Arashi asked, looking at Toshiro.

"What?"

"Like, the blazer and hat?" she explained.

"We are about to do a trial and that's what you're worried about? God, I swear everyone here is stupid." he sighed. "I ditched it, obviously. How am I supposed to look somewhat competent and normal in a fucking top hat?"

"Right, he has a point," Ryuto added.

"If you guys are done talking about Toshiro's clothes," Kei butted in. "We got a trial to do."

"The emo is right! We have a thrilling trial to do, so let's get started! Did you eat the food I gave you, Amnesiac?" Monokuma turned to him.

"Nope. Didn't need it. Besides, if it's coming from you, it's probably not safe." he said, not hesitating on a single word.

"And after all that time and effort I put into it, you just didn't eat it? I even came dressed as a cute little maid for you, and you still didn't eat it? Ungrateful brat."

"A maid cafe sounds pretty good right now...even if it's just Monokuma in a dress." Ryuto thought out loud.

"That's just weird," Reina said.

"It's a secret kink! Maybe he wants one of us to put on a maid costume just for him tonight!" Mizuki exclaimed. "I bet this bitch could totally sew one for you!" she put an arm around Reina.

"I mean...I totally would. But not for that loser."

After their fight with Toshiro, those two are now friends? I guess having the same enemy can really bring people together. Reina is even letting Mizuki call her a bitch. I think that's a good thing with the context of their friendship...if you could even call it one.

"No...I just want to go to a maid cafe now," he responded. "Although, it would be nice to have one in my cosplay wardrobe for later."

He doesn't want one of us to wear one...but he doesn't deny that he would wear one himself? Maybe he would be cute in a maid dress.

"Ok, stop with the maid stuff! We got a trial to do!" Monokuma interrupted. "As always, stand at your podium. Then we can begin!"

We did as we were told and stood at our corresponding trial stands.

Killing one person was more than enough...so why kill two? That would give you lots of disadvantages and more evidence.

Perhaps they had a reason to. An absolute need to kill two people. But what would be that need?

Scanning the room, there were 10 people in total.

Soon, that number would go down to 9.

I need to find the culprit, even if I have to watch them die in front of me. Everyone trusts me, so I need to discover this killer, so we can survive.

No matter what, I have to find them. Although it will hurt to sentence one of my friends to death, I don't have a choice.

If only I knew how unexpected and crazy this trial and its outcome would be.

-